[68] The Truth

The car stopped making her look at the front with tears in her eyes.

"Do you remember this place?"

Of course, she remembered it. The road to her sadness. Tears were already leaking but her lip curled out when he looked at her. She realized, she hadn't come here or taken this road since last time with him.

"Still isolated. Perfect for an intense conversation," he said while tuning the AC high. His anger had boiled his blood. He needed to cool down.

"I am not having this conversation," she said, in a raspy voice.

He turned slightly go face her the most he could, his tone turning colder. "Or what? Have your second orgasm?"

Sakshi's jaws clenched as she looked at him, blankly. "Why are you doing this when you know our families won't allow it?"

"How do you know? Have you asked my mother, my father?" He taunted angrily.

Sakshi let out a sob and desperately said, "You know what I mean. Your brother, my brother."

Shrey looked at her with longing in his eyes. He turned away to face the front, his face blank and unpredictable.

Sakshi felt that he would drive. But he didn't. He just sat there, staring at the front. Barely, two cars passed in fifteen minutes.

"Then, let's die together." He straightened his arm on the steering wheel, feeling her wide eyes on him. "I am going crazy. Why not just end this all? This is all just because of our brothers. They matter more to us than our love and we don't matter to them. When we'll be dead, then maybe they'd  care."

"Shrey, stop." Sakshi pleaded, touching his forearm.

"You love me, I love you. The problem is just our brothers. I can't kill mine because he is my blood. Can't kill yours because he is your blood. Let's just hit on to a truck."

"Have you gone crazy? Why are you talking like this?" She whispered, her voice hoarse.

"Do you remember the dress?" He asked, ignoring her words.

Sakshi looked away from him, wiping her eyes as she sat straight while looking ahead. "Yes."

He breathed slowly. "Did you wear it on your Fair well party?"

She took a long breathe before explaining, "I never attended the party. You were gone after spreading rumours about me. I lost my friends. They weren't even friends. I didn't care about the dress anymore."

"Where is it?" He asked immediately. "Did you burn it?"

She glanced at him. To irk him up, she wanted to say that she did. But his ears were red and knuckles were white. He would flip if she lied.

She truthfully replied, "Its there in my cupboard in my room at home. Why do you ask? Do you want it back?"

Shrey looked at her, finding the exhaustion in her eyes. He breathed while observing her lose light blue trousers and baby pink cotton top. He observed the change in her after four years. The shape of her face more defined, her eyes brighter and bolder. Her blushed lips were fuller, since she had a boyfriend from last two months.

"You didn't burn it?" He asked again.

Sakshi stared at him in confusion and disbelief. "No," she answered again. "What is wrong with you?"

"If I had been in your place, I would have burned it," he whispered. "You didn't want to lose my memories."

She gritted her teeth feeling utter pain in her nose and eyes as another round of tears escaped.