[23]

Hi
You there?
(Seen 13:28)

He twitched his lips at counting that Sakshi had seen the message but wasn't replying. It made a wave of nervousness crashing his heart. He bit his lip and thought about doing something else to distract himself. But nothing came in his mind except for thinking about why she hadn't replied yet.

It had been more than three hours, but he waited. His lips pursed at the thought that maybe, she had really grown mature. She now know to ignore troubles like him.

Trouble?

He chuckled at himself. Yes, he was. He was a trouble for his family, his parents, his dear cousin and could become one for Sakshi too.

The confidence in him had gone far way. The courage that he had, was lost somewhere. He was now a scared man. Nervous. Uncertain.

A girl who fell hard for him those years ago, was now not even bothering to reply to him. Then, why did she even tried to save him? Why all those words were written to motivate him? Why she made so much efforts to see him?

Restlessness filled his mind as he stared at the phone blankly.

"Who is it?" His eyebrows raised at his mother who immediately turned frightened. "I mean," she nervously laughed. "You are sure, it's not any reporter-"

"Mom," he sighed heavily. "No friends anymore. No media. I am just checking-"

He stopped, thinking if he should even share this with his mother. About a girl, who played him after giving him such hope. Shrey twitched his lip and shook his head.

"I am just checking our firm's website. I wanted to see how work is going without me involving," he answered thoughtfully.

It only made her more worried. "Oh!" Shrey bit his tongue at seeing her looking at the floor. She glanced back up at him and nodded. Her face showed that she wanted to say more but she didn't want to upset him.

Shrey gave her a frustrated look. "Mom, you can say what you want to?"

Her eyes widened as she said, "Oh!" She straightened the flowers in the pot while swallowing. "You look frustrated and I felt as if someone was disturbing you. Media or friends."

Shrey looked back at his phone, staring at the time when he had sent her the message. Shaking his head, he told her, "I have no friends. No more."

His mother smiled sadly. "There are friends, Shrey. Loyal and caring. Sometimes, we trust wrong people and suffers. But it make us distancing ourselves from the right people too, and it is not right."

Shrey gulped. "I don't know who is right or wrong. Rishabh had always been wrong while I used to trust him blindly. Those monsters, who ruined my life. I didn't know they were this much wrong. I couldn't trace the truth in their eyes."

"Every crime warns before it's arrival."

Goosebumps risen on his skin when he met his mother's eyes. "Their actions define the truth often," she told him. "Look at Rishabh, now. Isn't he roaming all around for you? This shows that he regrets treating you that way and he now, believes that you are innocent."

"About that couple, I had warned you that night at Rishabh's birthday party. The woman seemed like a Vamp to me, already. I saw the way she had approached you in front of her husband." Shrey blinked in thought, at her words. His mother nodded.

"About her husband, you must have felt the strangeness in him sometimes. You just were too careless to give it a thought. If he needed help truly, he could have shared his problems with Rishabh. But no, he told you to not share it with him. This was the first phase where I was worried about this whole episode."