[21]

Her morning turned into mourning when the first thing she heard at the dining table, was her uncle and Aunt watching the photos from last night's party. What even made her heart shrinking in nervousness was when instead of replying to her greetings, her Aunt turned the laptop to show her those photos.

"I think we should have some of these developed." Her Tai ji chuckled while glancing at her. Thankfully, it wasn't that professor on the screen. She couldn't just be disrespectful to them on festival days, spoiling family's environment. "Don't you think? Just like we have many of Raghav and Nakul's.

Sakshi pursed her lips. "Sure. They look nice." She fake smiled at her Tau ji who seemed to have noticed her sour mood and in the way he was looking at her with furrowed eyebrows, she knew he was about to ask her.

"Something wrong?"

Sakshi gulped while thinking about complaining to him. It won't create a massacre in the house but at least, she would be able to give them her proper opinion on dating or marrying anyone.

"Something is."

Her Tai ji looked at her immediately while she herself lowered her eyes on the screen. She nodded towards the man that was standing beside her brother and Nakul in the current photo appearing on the screen.

"This guy." Her Tai ji shook her head in a way to interrupt her and to clear her misunderstanding. But Sakshi was totally understood of what she was planning, for which she wasn't ready when in her heart, she had some of her hopes high for an old love. "This guy is my professor."

None of them gave her any response. Sakshi stared at them in shock. "Tau ji, he is my professor. Freaking professor. So strict, and over smart. I really," she looked at her Tai ji, "Really don't like him. But the way, you have been calling bachelors in the parties and introducing me to them, makes me worried."

Her Tai ji sighed while she lowered her eyes. To her surprise, her Tau ji laughed, "But no one is aiming to get you chosen or anything. Don't you think, it will only help in getting good grades."

"I already get good grades. I don't need special acquaintances, Tau ji."

Her Tai ji looked irritated now but Sakshi didn't care. It was only making her feel angry at her. "Do you guys realize that I am just twenty-two? That professor is twenty eight or something-"

"Twenty-seven." Her Aunt corrected her.

"That is a big number. I am not marrying an uncle." Her voice raised while her Uncle immediately patted the table hard.

"Stop. Raghav would listen and you both know, it won't be good for a festival morning."

Sakshi frowned while looked away. "No one is forcing her. Why don't she understand? I just want her to be reserved with a good man. Like you know, Delhi is such a big city. Crime rates are high and any boy can start stalking or disturbing you," her Tai ji explained.

She rolled her eyes. "C'mon. This is not eighteenth century. No betrothing me to any uncle. Tau ji had said long time ago, that I will marry only after I make my career successfully."

Her Tai ji nodded but she continued, "I understand that you want me safe and there will be someone like Kabir who can take care of me. We can get to know each other and later get married whenever we want but, you will have to understand that he is not my type."

Her Tai ji widened her eyes giving her uncle a dramatic look. "He is old. He is not her type. He is uncle. He is her professor. What is her problem? Didn't she saw his face, his manners? I don't understand this generation. Sometimes, she would crush on those old Hollywood stars and now here, she is-"