[62] The One

Closing his eyes, he was taking soft breaths. He was tired from doing all the work and now Sakshi was at home too. A smirk curved his lips when he reminded himself, Rian was sleeping in Sakshi's room.

He turned on his back, looking up at the ceiling. His wife was lying right beside him, not sleeping and deep in her thoughts.

"We are all alone in this room," he mumbled, making her let out a sigh. "And we are married."

"I remember, we are married. Because I am still upset with the arrogance of my husband who doesn't care how his words can hurt his wife," said Pihu while closing her eyes.

Raghav looked at her, his hand reaching to intertwine with hers. "Come on, you know I didn't mean those words. I was exhausted and you kept bawling over Sakshi's issue," he whispered.

"You seemed proud of what you did to me," she mumbled, turning on her side. So, now her back was facing his side.

"I am proud of making an angel fall in love with me," he whispered softly, raising on his elbow. He moved closer to her, snaking his hands on her waist which Pihu removed immediately.

"I am not in the mood, Raghav. Let me sleep," she said, irritated by him.

"That's the nightie you wear when you are in mood. That lace makes me dizzy," he whispered, putting his chin on her forearm. His fingers tickled her waist. "You know, I regret all my actions."

"I am sorry."

Pihu's eyes opened and she turned around to meet his eyes. Her gaze softened when she saw his worried face. She chuckled in her head, knowing he was all acting innocent.

"Will you forgive me?"

She rolled her eyes and was turning back to sleep when he held her forearm. "I am not proud of how I forcefully married you. But I am proud that I managed to show you my love in between all of that forcefulness I did," he said quietly.

"I will do whatever you'll tell me to," he whispered to her. "About Sakshi, about any other topic. Just don't be angry with me. These last days, I feel like nothing. I am going crazy."

Pihu chuckled to herself, controlling when she saw his face turning stern. "Is this a joke for you? I am here begging something."

She raised herself and sat on the bed. In the light of the lamp, he raised himself too watching her smiling goofily at him. "Yes, you are a joke to me. Because one day, you don't give me any attention, no thought to my thoughts. And the other day, when you are craving for sex, you talk all sweet and be sorry for nothing," she whispered, her face inches away from him.

"Sorry for nothing? I am really sorry for everything," he said, stressing out when she yawned tiredly.

"By the way, I wear this lace, this silk all to make myself feel good about me. Not for you," she huffed and laid down.

Raghav kept watching her in a daze. "Well, as long as I am the good husband, you are all fine. Once, the inner possessive devil gets out from me, you'll be tamed, my angel." He smirked.

Pihu closed her eyes, smiling to herself. "Love is the devil himself. What have I done to myself by marrying him?" She breathed out.

"Like you had a choice," said Raghav proudly while smirking.

Pihu's eyes widened as she immediately looked at him, her lips pressed tight. Raghav realized what he just said, and nervously chuckled. "I mean, you are just made for me. . . Pihu," he groaned when she closed her eyes and started sleeping for real.

He groaned and ran fingers through his hair. His dark eyes falling back on her. When things were going fine, he just had to have that tongue slip.