[27]

"It all started when I returned India."

Sakshi watched keenly as he described slowly, "I had only gotten my studies done from USA and came here to get my hands on family business. Dad wanted me to assist the managers, and then become one so later, I could become the Chief Adminstrative Officer of our company. This was the plan."

"It was my first day and everything went great. All the colleagues were humble that I made friends out of them too soon. Rishabh divided groups for the upcoming projects we had to deliver for the investments plans last year. Five or three in one group."

Sakshi gulped when Shrey lowered his eyes. "That's when I got to know this girl, Myra."

Her jaws clenched as she tried hard not to give any reaction while he continued, "Two-three months, we all worked and in between we became friends. Not that I was interested in her."

Sakshi wanted to scoff but was startled when he squeezed her hand, looking in her eyes. Frustration was clear on his head. "She is really not my type, Sakshi. She never was. When you'll see her, you'll know. It was just a friendly behavior from me, nothing else."

Was I not your type? She kept thinking but focused on when Shrey sighed heavily, "Besides, she was married. She didn't tell me about it until two days after our first meet, her husband bumped into me."

Sakshi nodded and leaned on the table, noticing that woman had not told him herself.

"She was only walking with me and then, she introduced me to him. Coincidentally, he was assigned in the same projects. After them being completed, we were all set out to do regular supervising works and everything. Our cabins were close, in breaks we talked and joked around. We had fun."

Sakshi watched with a sad smile how he was cringing at even talking about them. "But it was all fake. It was me, the stupid one. The fool. We went to clubs, we went to tours together. I had forgotten that I was not a regular employee, I was the future CAO. They were a bad company which I didn't realize sooner."

His voice turned deep as he further narrated, "I got this bad habit of smoking and drinking, going to their apartment, driving late at night. They had spoiled me within months."

By this time, Sakshi had her eyes narrowed at him as she was thinking hard about where things went wrong. "We three became so close that I felt lonely without them. My day wouldn't pass until we all grab some beers and do stupid things in clubs. I had turned disappointing to Rishabh as he had started noticing."

"He warned me not to be such a brat. I was ignoring my mother's tears. She was worried about my new addictions. She had often caught me stumbling over on sofa, drunk and passed out. I was going so well towards this dark hole," he muttered through gritted teeth.

"Didn't he ever deny his wife to not be involved between you boys?" Sakshi interrupted, "Do you remember, Nakul Bhai?" Shrey was only trying to recall when she reminded him, "My brother's best friend."

He nodded quietly. Sakshi patted the table and explained, "He married the girl who is my brother's secretary. Do you get the mix here? Even before they were married, Nakul Bhai never invited Meera Bhabhi to come and have a drink with them or anything."

She shook her head in amazement and described, "Because anyhow, whether or not my brother was crazy for Pihu, Nakul was careful with Meera. He never allowed her to be informal with their boss, means my brother."

Shrey felt his face warming up in shame while she further explained, "Even now, Meera gets a bit teasing to my brother but she doesn't forgets that she has her husband as his best friend. Even a little misunderstanding can cause a knot easily in their unbreakable bond. They are best friends from childhood but Nakul is still that possessive. He never brings Meera with him if Pihu or I are not there for her company."