[8]

The light glared at him so sharply making him feel like going back to the darkness he had returned from. But he blinked.

Slowly and softly.

"Mom."

It took her mother's all efforts not to wail out loudly for the nearly-death experience of her only son.

"Shrey . . ."

It was hard to turn his head so he tried his best to move his eyes only to the direction where the sound came from. He had never seen his father with tear-filled eyes. But here he was, sobbing in front of him, thanking God to bring him back.

"Shrey? You awake, son?"

His throat was already dried and it was painful to gulp the lump that was forming at seeing the scenario. He could observe his father's lips trembling. 

"I am sorry, son. I am so sorry. I didn't mean my words. I wasn't in my senses. But you were in your senses. Why did you do it, son? You do know that you are the only gem of mine," he choked out.

Shrey's eyes filled with immense sorrow. His heart ached at the cruel process of this universe. When he was begging them to believe him, they told him to fuck off. To go away and jump off the cliff. To hang himself on a fan. To kill himself. To disappear anyhow.

Now, when he wanted to leave the very world where people didn't believe him, they are believing him.

He wanted to rip all the bloody needles and jump out of the window that was giving him the faint surrounding full of mild sunlight. But it wasn't a morning for him.

It was another birth to another life full of darkness. He didn't want to live anymore. He had left the hope.

"Forgive us, Shrey. We knew our son couldn't do such thing. We knew. But in anger, your father said such cruel things which he didn't mean at all. You should have understood the anger. But you tried to take your life. Why, Shrey? Why? What would have left for me to do? To arrange your funeral and mourn for the death of my only son. Young and talented son. My only son."

Shrey looked away from his sobbing mother. He hated being with them at this moment. There was nothing left in him but a thirst to die.

"Do you feel alright, Shrey?"

Shrey's let out a rough chuckle. A dark one. He looked at his father. "Do you think I am, Dad? I don't want to fucking live this shitty life again. I want to die, do you hear me-" he coughed loudly. All his muscles ached when the cough series made him move forcefully. He winced.

"Shrey, calm down. We are calling the doctor." His mother was being naive and traumatized. He hated hurting her but now, he had pushed away all the thoughts of being in her life anymore. He had left it all behind. Then, how could he engage himself here again.

He wanted to run away.

His jaws clenched at the determination and the little monitor beeped frequently, making his mother's eyes wide.

"Doctor," she shouted eagerly.

In the next moment, the nurses had arrived and followed by the doctor.

"Leave me alone," whispered Shrey while gritting his teeth, closing his eyes.

"Shrey."

The doctor in his thirties made it sure to be polite for him, "Dear, can you breathe slowly. I am going to make you sit and massage your back since you must be feeling too heat there."

It was true but Shrey didn't care. He groaned and kept his eyes closed. His hands reached up to his head that had started throbbing.

"Leave me fucking alone," he shouted while at the same time, entered Rishabh and his eyes widened at seeing his brother behaving wildly.