[49] A Fool Of Us

If walking from left to right of the room could solve the problems, then everyone would start doing that. Though, Raghav knew that Pihu was highly upset, more like nervous at the invite his mother gave to Kabir's parents.

"You would tire yourself before they'd even come. Pihu?" He called her out, while he himself was seated calmly on bed.

Pihu wasn't listening. In her mind, it was only Sakshi's broken face that was flashing when she would hear what her family was planning. "She will feel betrayed," said Pihu lowly. "How could we do this to her? I know how it feels to be booked by some other family when inside, you don't even want to get married."

Raghav narrowed his eyes, grabbing her hand and immediately pulling her to him. She stood between his legs as he observed her thoroughly. Her face as glowing and like always, cheeks were red. She had a cre-colored suit on with a maroon lipstick, that matched the color of his Kurta very well.

Seeing her eyes lowered, no smile, he sighed. "This is no wedding happening. We are just meeting the parents. I don't know why you don't like the efforts mom is putting. I feel like they are good people," he said, grabbing her by the waist.

Pihu looked in his dark eyes. "See, you don't get it. It was not you getting booked. You were getting the person you wanted to get married to. But was it the same for me? I don't want same thing happening for Sakshi."

"But now we are the power couple here. Aren't we? We were made for each other," he reminded her and mimicked, "Even when you weren't getting married to the person of your choice."

Pihu gulped, looking at him helplessly. One side of her heart would force her to spit it out about Sakshi's love for Shrey, one would deny because she knew this could bring so much pain to this home of hers. She sighed while wrapping her arms around his neck and sitting on his right thigh mildly.

Her husband turned concerned observing her behaving this way.

"Raghav, try to understand my point. His parents are coming all the way from Kerala. What Mrs. Bhatia further told us that Kabir's mother is a heart patient. On top of that, Mom is highly Keen on finalizing this proposal. I am afraid, it will be Yes. Even when Sakshi isn't here," she told him.

Raghav shook his head. "Didn't mom tell that Sakshi likes him but not confident enough to reveal it to us?"

"Did you ask about it to Sakshi?" She asked sternly.

Raghav shook his head, now quiet in thought.

Pihu sighed heavily. "It's not right. We won't be able to say no. Even if you'd want to, mom wouldn't let us do it. Sakshi will never talk to me, again."

Raghav chuckled at her. "Nothing like that going to happen," he kissed her forehead. "It's not that bad. I will call Kabir, and ask him myself. Then, Sakshi too-"

"I'll call Sakshi."

He smiled, "Okay, love. Now can I get to see those lips curving into a smile?"

Pihu blushed but didn't smile enough. "You don't know how it feels. I remember the time when Sakshi was upset with me. She didn't talk-"

"That was her mistake," Raghav reminded her. "Do not blame yourself for everything. We aren't selecting a beggar for her. Kabir is a good guy."

Pihu sighed and didn't talk further. But all of a sudden, squeals erupted from her as he tickled her waist, making her laugh hard and fall on the bed.

________

Aditi and Sakshi kept talking to each other about their plans for Christmas. They were thinking about going home late only after celebrating it together. They were checking concerts and programmes, going to happen all over the Delhi.