You're Batman? Ha please tell me you're joking!

Requested by: InSaNiTysPrEy

Pairing: Bruce Wayne x reader

Prompt: Both know each other for years until she's 13. after leaving, she returns 6 years later, a whole new person. Batman's in town too. She visits Bruce and has a conversation.

Y/n's pov from the past. Age 13.

"Dad! Why do we have to move to Star City?" I questioned dad, as he placed a few items from his study into a cardboard box. He looked up at me, sorrow in his eyes.

"After the Wayne's murders, we're the next targets if the same person goes after the wealth. I'm sorry, (Y/n), but our lives come first. I'll give you time to say goodbye to Bruce before we leave." He answered, no hint of emotion lingering around his tone. Grabbing my coat, I sprinted down the sprint to Wayne Manor. Knocking on the door fast, Alfred opened the door as usual.

"Miss Collins, here to see Master Bruce I presume." He asked in his British accent. Nodding, he let me in. Quickly, I walked towards the study area to find a hell of a lot of files there.

"Bruce?" I think I interrupted his thoughts as his head whipped around to face me. He smiled and stood up from the couch.

"(Y/n), what's up?" He questioned, engulfing me in a friendly hug.

"I'm...I'm leaving tonight for Star City." He pulled away, looking at me in disbelief, "I tried to tell my parents that we were going to be fine, but they believe the person who killed your parents will kill them." I looked down, ashamed that I couldn't be strong enough to persuade my parents even more.

"It's fine, (Y/n). It's not your fault. Please visit me any possible time you have to get in Gotham. I would love to see you again." Bruce smiled sadly as he went back to his work. Sobbing silently, I left.

6 years later

Running, that's what I'm doing. Some thugs are chasing me down the street due to me capturing pictures for the Star City Times. What did I do to deserve this. Turning down an alleyway, I came to a dead end. Shit.

"Now now pretty lady, give us the phone an' we'll let you live." One thug threatened, trying to imitate a sweet voice. His breath smelt of smoke and drugs. Before I could even move, a figure stood in the way.

"It's Batman! Run!" Another thug yelled as he ran away. The rest started to try to attack this Batman guy. However, they failed and ended up being knocked out. He stood there for a moment, before walking away.

"Who are you?" I blurted out, catching his attention. He stopped and whipped his face around to face me. He pulled out a grappling hook and took off. Sighing, I started to walk to Wayne Manor. Bruce told me to visit him if I had time and if I was in Gotham.

Taking a deep breath, I gently knocked on the double oak doors. Opening it, I saw Alfred.

"Good evening Miss, what brings you here?" He questioned, guess he forgot me.

"Maybe I wanted to see you and Bruce again, Alfred. It has been six years." I smiled as the penny dropped. He pulled me into a hug, smiling.

"Miss Collins! It's a pleasure to have you back. Master Wayne is in his study." Alfred informed me.

"It's actually (y/f/n)." I corrected him.

"Thank you for the correction, Miss (L/n)." He smiled as I walked towards the study. Peeking in, I saw Bruce sat in the same position I found him six years ago.

"Should I be concerned that you're in the same position as you were six years ago?" I joked, causing him to whip his head around to face me. A grin replaced his thin line as he jumped up and hugged me tight. Laughing, I hugged back.

"I didn't know the famous (Y/n) Collins was working at Star City Times?" He smiled. How did he know I worked there?

"Actually it's (L/n). I changed it after..." I paused, memories threatened to spill, "after my parents car accident." His face turned into a frown as he pulled me closer to his chest, rubbing circles on my back. 

"How did you know I worked in Star City Times?" I questioned, his face dropped.

"I know we don't keep secrets but...I'm Batman." He confessed. This must be a joke. I burst out laughing, thinking it was.

"You're Batman? Ha! Please tell me you're joking." Silence. Oh shit, he is Batman. He smirked when he saw the penny drop in my eyes.

"Thank you...for saving me, Bruce." I smiled.