Nope, I don't want to be adopted by you!

Requested By: Rose5489

Pairing: Bat family x reader

Prompt: Bruce decides to adopt another kid aka the reader. The reader has a record and is known for her intellectual knowledge and skills, plus she can solve pretty much anything that is thrown at her. However, she doesn't want to be adopted. She is skilled in hand-to-hand combat and is good with weaponry. Moreover, she is bad at adapting to new environments to what she's use to. Natural instincts that fended for herself. She is older than Damian but younger than Tim.

"Adopted, why?" I questioned as Mr. Adams led me through the adoption centre. He stayed silent as we entered the interview room. I've been in this room hundreds of times. A formal man, along with four boys, sat around the table. Four of them smiled whilst the youngest kept an emotionless expression.

"I would like to adopt you. Your intellectual knowledge is amazing along with your skills in hand-to-hand combat." The oldest man explained. I shook my head and took a few steps bad.

"N...No. I rather be in the streets. You haven't seen my criminal record. You don't want me." I rambled causing the man to chuckle.

"I know but we want to give you more freedom than the adoption centre." The second eldest intervened. I looked at him with confusion. Are they telling me that they WANT to help me?

"If three houses have two cars on two drive ways, House A has the car facing the road whilst House B has no car, House C has a car facing the garden. Which one would have the killer in?" The eldest man questioned.

"The obvious answer would be House A as the car is facing the road. However it could be any of the houses. House A has the getaway car facing the road. House B could be disguised as an innocent civilian and House C has the car disguised as it is facing the garden." I responded, explaining any possible method.

"So, do you want to be adopted?"The older guy asked. Taking a moment to consider the options, I finally come to the conclusion.

"Alright...only if you let me continue to do what I do. I mean use weapons, hack and have freedom." I bargained.

"We were already considering it." The old man smirked.

I'll just run again, fending for myself.