Mornings

"Mamamamamamama!" the sound that woke Kylie that morning. As she opened her eyes, she smiled groggily at her mag-ama.

  "G'morning, Mama!" exclaimed her topless husband with their 7 month old son in his arms waving the baby's hand at her.

  "Good morning, baby ko. Come to Mama," she said reaching out to her son who wriggled to be in her arms. Ruru sat beside her and let out a sigh.

  "Ay, is Baba making tampo?" she coos at her other baby. He rolled his eyes at her and pouted his lips even more if that was even possible.

  Damn those lips

  "Kase naman ako yung nag good morning siya yung pinansin mo," he replied with tampo in his voice earning him a hug from his wife and a squeal from his baby.

  "Huwag na tampo, Baba. Mahiya ka naman sa anak mong maganda ang gising," she says nuzzling her nose in her cheek.

  "Kiss muna."

  Kylie gave him a big kiss on the lips and peppered her son's face with tiny kisses. "Kisses for both of my boys!"

  "Come on, Love. We made breakfast for you, diba Amir?" he said making a funny face at his son who giggled in return.

  They walked downstairs and went straight to the dining area to find bacon, eggs, fried rice, cut-up mangoes, and mashed squash for the baby. Kylie couldn't help but feel so cared for at the moment.

  "Aww, so sweet naman my mag-ama. Thank you, my loves," she says while sitting on her chair looking at her still topless husband placing their son on his highchair.

  "I'm gonna feed the little prince today, for a change," he says with a proud grin his dimples on display.

Those dimples are the reason I actually married this guy.

  "Kaya mo? Sure ka?" she teasingly says munching on some bacon.

  "Of course! Kayang kaya natin to, diba Amir?" he replied carrying the bowl of mashed squash on one hand and the little spoon on the other hand.

  "Okay, sabi mo eh."

  A few minutes later, Ruru was groaning in frustration because his son refused to let the food stay in his mouth. He would take it and make sounds with his lips causing orange mush to come flying out his mouth.

  "Amir Joaquin P. Madrid, huwag mong paglaruan ang pagkain mo. Bad yan! Sige ka baka hindi na kita pakainin!" he says sternly threatening his son. But his baby just laughed and so did Kylie.

  "Oh? Saan na yung 'kayang kaya' na sinasabi mo kanina?" she asks mockingly still snickering at her husband's squash-covered face.

  "Mahal, naman eh! Bakit ba kapag ikaw ang nagpapakain ang dali lang tignan pero 'pag ako ang kulit," he complains.

  "Eh saan ba niya mamamana ang kakulitan? Diba sayo? Nakahanap ka din ng katapat mo, Jose Ezekiel," she continued laughing as Ruru stood up and went to the sink to wash of the squash that was on his face.

  "Oh my poor baby! You must be starving, huh?" she coos the infant while she scooped a little bit if the squash on to the silicone spoon. She coaxed him to open his mouth and put the spoon in his mouth quickly but carefully.

  "Amir, no spitting out the food. Swallow that. Good boy, baby," she says happily when her son listened.

  "Tignan mo nga 'yang anak mo, halatang may favoritism," Ruru said playfully as he emerged from the kitchen.

  "No, he doesn't! He's just a Mama's boy, diba? Aaah," she replies with eyes still on the baby as she continued coaxing him. "Love, kain ka na. Ako nalang magpapakain kay Amir, sige na."

  "Thanks, Love," he replies and plants a tender kiss on his wife's forehead and tickled his son's side causing him to exclaim, choking on his food in the process.

  "Ruru!" scolds Kylie while letting the baby drink some water from his bottle.

  "Sorry, baby. Sorry! Lambing lang naman yun ni Baba," he apologized to his son, but more to his wife.

  Kylie looked at the two boys who owns her heart. At the age of 24, she and Ruru are already married. They got engaged and planned to get married in 3 years, but Amir happened. The plans got cancelled and they had their wedding earlier with a 3 months baby bump on Kylie.

  6 months and 4 days of labor after, Amir Joaquin was born. The whole nation was ecstatic for them and with them. It was like all the bashing during her pregnancy was melted away by Amir's charm. The hashtag for their little prince trended on all social media. Everyone was in awe of how good looking Amir was and how strong Kylie was to endure all the pain.

  But despite everything, she regrets nothing.

  She looked at her husband who was cooing and his son who continued laughing at his father's antics.

  I mean, with mornings like this, who would regret anything, right?