Baby Shower

"Hey, Gorgeous! You okay?" Ruru asked as he walked into their room. He smiled at what she was wearing. It was a royal blue, silky dress with a hint of gold sequins at the bottom— the perfect balance of Lireo and Sapiro.

   "Love, can you help me put on my sandals please?" she pouted. He chuckled.

   She was just so adorable and very much pregnant. He carefully slid in her foot onto the flat footwear and criss-crossed the long laces on her legs. He tied the knot of the golden brown laces among her legs and stood up.

   "Hoo! My love be looking stunning," he said as he jumped a bit. "Damn, she's gorgeous!"

   "Love, stop!" she laughed.

   He stopped bouncing and kissed the tip of her nose, "You are so stunningly beautiful."

   "Thank you. You're not too bad," she joked.

   "And that's exactly why I love you."

   "Okay, let's go na! We need to be there in 30 minutes."

   "Ikaw kase eh! I don't know why you even wear makeup, you don't need it. You're already perfect without it," he said as he assisted her down the stairs.

   "When will you stop telling me that?" she giggled.

   "Never. You are beautiful and you deserve to know that."

   "I guess I'm gonna have to live with your compliments forever, am I?"

   "They are not compliments, they're facts," he said as a matter of factly.

   She rolled her eyes.
-
   They both stood outside of the venue doors, really excited to see what's inside. The doors were really cool— a replica of the patterned sliding doors of Lireo but with Sapiro's emblem. There was a flag of Lireo on one side and Sapiro's on the other.

   The doors slowly opened and the couple was greeted with blue and yellow confetti. The guests were all smiles as the lovely couple entered the room.

   The inside was mind-blowing! It was so royal and regal just like Sapiro. The lighting was a little yellowish and there were vines on the roof. The walls looked like they were gotten straight from the castle of Sapiro with its old-looking bricks with a mossy touch. The tables and chairs were like the dining table of the royal family from Lireo. The centerpiece of each table was this brown basket filled with golden jewelry and blue flowers. The center stage, where Kylie and Ruru will sit, was a throne made to look like a combination of Ybrahim and Amihan's thrones with its golden brown material and royal blue outline and details. On each side of the center stage were pillars of Lireo— white shafts and golden bases with blue fabric wrapped around it.

   The host asked them to sit at the front as the program started. It started with an opening prayer that was led by the host. Then came the baby themed games.

   "We're gonna need four girls and four boys to participate in this game," said the host. When nobody volunteered, Ruru stood up and spoke in the microphone.

   "Ang sasali automatic ninong at ninang ni Baby," he announced. As soon as the words left his mouth, Glaiza, Gabbi, Sanya, and Mikee came quickly to the front.

   "Oh, Ninang ako ah! Sabi mo yun, Ru!" Mikee kidded and the guests laughed along.

   "Tanongin mo asawa ko," he joked as he sat down beside Kylie again.

   "Uy, Ninang kame, Ky," Glaiza said almost begging.

   "Oo, Ninang kayo, promise. Kayo kaya ang mga Ashti niya," she smiled.

   "Yun oh! Ako din, Ky, ha?" said the ever jolly Rocco that just came racing from his chair.

   "Ashti ka din? Bakit babae ka?"

   "Basta Ninong ako."

   "Weak mo talaga sa Enchan! It's Aldo, Bro," Ruru side commented as the game started.
-
   After eating, it was time for a few close people to volunteer on giving a little message to the couple. There were a little awkward stares exchanged between the couple.

   Mikee stood up and went to the front like the doting  future godmother that she was. She cleared her throat, "Okay, first of all, good evening po sa ating lahat, especially to the munting rehav in Kylie's womb. I'm gonna start this with the most common thing— Ky, Ru, congrats on the baby boy. Now that we got that covered, let me just say na I am so excited to spoil our little rehav. As your friend and daughter, I just want to extend my prayers to the three of you and I just want little rehav to know that love ko siya and love ko kayo. Ei corre deu, guys!"

   They laughed at Mikee's silly choice of words and hugged her as she walked back to her seat. And from Mikee, the long trail of people who gave messages came.
-
   "Guys, you're the best you know that?" a teary-eyed Kylie asked her girl friends from Encantadia. "You did a great job!"

   "Aww, Ky, don't cry," Glaiza cooed.

   "Thank you ah," Ruru smiled.

   "Wala yun," Sanya smiled in return. "Basta Ninang kame lahat!"

   "Sinasabi ko talaga sa'yo, Ru! Baka gusto mo makatikim ng konting Assna Massna Lassna diyan," Gabbi joked.

   "Oo na! Ashti na kayong lahat."

   "Yun! Very good, Ru."

   And that night, it was decided that each godparent from the Encantadia cast was gonna be called 'Ashti' or 'Aldo'.
——————
Hi everyone! Hope this one satisfies you.

I'm really sorry if my updates are getting worse, it's just that I'm kinda losing inspiration. Don't get me wrong, you guys are great and I still love KyRu, but it gets hard sometimes you know. You know that feeling when you realize that, right now, all we are really holding on to is their promise of a comeback that we don't even know will really be fulfilled. All we're holding on to is the likes, the memes, the fanfics and the adjacent fandom is gonna deprive us from enjoying that pa. No hate on other people, but it is so hard. But then, a fan is a fan.

   No, I am NOT discontinuing this book. Love you all.