Baby Talk

A soft smile played around on Kylie's lips as she lied in bed, staring out the window as the colors of the sky varied from yellow to lilac. Unconsciously, her hand drifted to her lower abdomen. She started to drum her fingers against her clothed skin as if knocking to see if her baby was awake, reminiscing the doctor's appointment she had just a few hours ago. Since the first ultrasound she ever had earlier that day, it was as if she couldn't keep from caressing her little baby bump.

The ultrasound had went so wonderfully. She was accompanied by Ruru. They both got to see their offspring on the screen for the first time and hear its strong heartbeat. They thought they knew what they came into that clinic for but boy, were they wrong. As soon as they spotted the fetus in the screen, a surge of love washed over their bodies and overwhelmed them. When the baby's heartbeat echoed through the room, the first-time parents felt their eyes water up at the realization of how real it was. They really were gonna have a baby.

Kylie's train of thought was cut off when her fiancé plopped down on his tummy beside her, his head next to her belly and his feet dangling off the edge of the bed. Ruru planted a soft kiss on the side of her hip.

"A penny for your thoughts?" he grinned up at her.

"My thoughts are worth more than a single penny," she smiled back.

"Of course."

He nuzzled even closer to her hip as his hand slowly crept onto the hem of the shirt she was wearing. Slowly, he lifted the shirt up to reveal the small bump containing their little offspring.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

He started to caress her belly. His thumb circling her bellybutton making the hairs on her body stand up.

"So this is really happening, huh?" he mumbles against her skin.

"What is?"

"We're-" he stopped, "You're gonna bring a new human into this world in a few months."

"Yeah," she smiled, "A new little human that's part me and part you but an entirely different person of its own."

"Wow," Ruru whispered. "That is so amazing...and terrifying. We're gonna be responsible for the upbringing of a human being."

"I know. I'm already responsible of growing this kid and I've never even met it," she chortles.

"Kylie, we had sex and now suddenly, there's this human growing inside of you."

"A little vulgar but yes, you can say it like that," she laughed. "I like to think that we love each other so much, it was powerful enough to create a little human but your phrasing was pretty good too."

He laughed.

"It's real. Oh my God, I'm gonna be a father. Crud, I already am a father!" he says, still not being able to wrap his head around the idea of a new life.

Now, it was her turn to laugh. Kylie used one of her hands to join Ruru's on her belly and the other to tangle in his hair. Ruru felt his heart flutter as Kylie ran her fingers through his hair. He lifted his head just a little bit and gave her lower abdomen a soft kiss.

"Can't wait to meet you, little one," he whispers. "Mommy and I love you too much already."

He stares for a little while, admiring how ethereal her baby bump looked in the glow of sunset, before he pulled down her shirt and wriggled his way up to her face.

"You women are goddesses," he nuzzles her cheek. "Imagine being able to grow a new life and birth it and not ripping yourselves in half in the process. Babe, your vagina literally stretches out to like 10 centimeters and then just shrinks again. And-and your boobies just produce milk! The right kind of milk for your baby too! Bro, that's just fascinating!"

"Ru," she snickers, "Shut up! You're ranting."

"I'm sorry. All this baby talk is getting into my head. Imagine seeing parts of you in someone else," he starts again.

Oh, boy.
______
Just a little fluff. I'm sorry it's so short

Hey! It's been too long, huh? I'm really sorry but I kind of just outgrew KyRu, I guess. A few ideas still come into my head but not really about them. I'm sorry.