Family Day

"You could never see a portrait of my love for miracles are never seen. Anyone who sees her, soon forgets the Monalisa. It would take I know, a Michael Angelo and he would need the glow of dawn that lights the skies above to try and paint a portrait of my love," Ruru sings to his wife while they were cuddled up in bed.

Kylie's cheeks turned into a faint shade of red as she let out a small smile.

"Uy, kinikilig! Kinikilig siya! Yieee!" he teased poking her sides.

"Kinikilig ka diyan. Di kaya," she rolled her eyes, but the smile remains plastered on her face.

"Hindi daw. Eh, yung ngiti mo? Ano yan?" he continued teasing. Sometimes, Kylie would find his teasing annoying, but most of the time, she knows it's just one of his many ways of telling her he loved her.

"Really, Love, I don't know how you do it," she beamed.

"Well, I'm Ruru Madrid. What do you expect?" he boasts earning him a little pinch on the nose.

"Well, you're arrogant," she said as a matter of factly.

He giggled and brushed his lips against hers very lightly. Kylie couldn't help but reminisce the times they weren't married yet. Those days of flirty little glares and naughty slaps on the butt. Not that they don't do that anymore, it just lessened due to the kid's watchful eyes.

For a moment, they just stayed like that. Cuddled up on the bed, listening to the piter-pater of raindrops on the solid surface of their roof. It was a serene scene - quiet, peaceful, and zen.

The atmosphere was so nice, you could fall asleep but then, "Mama, Baba, si Kuya oh!"

"Damn it," Ruru mustered under his breath as they both got up.

"You made those things, you gotta deal with them," Kylie said in humor.

"Anong me? Walang mabubuo kung di ka bumukaka," he laughed along biting her ear from behind.

"Loko ka! Let's go na nga, baka mag patayan na yung dalawa," she joked although they knew that would never happen because their children loved each other to bits.

They walked downstairs to find Noelle fuming with anger and Amir strumming his guitar with his favorite book on his side.

"Ma, Ba, look at Kuya!" she said running to her parents.

"Look at me? Sige, tignan niyo lang ako, Ma, ha?" Amir kidded sarcastically.

Ruru muffled a laugh.

"What's going on here?" Kylie asked in her 'serious mom' voice.

"Kuya keeps playing his guitar and I'm reading. I told him to stop pero he won't," Noelle tattled.

"Told you it was a bad idea to teach them how to read at age two," Ruru whispered.

"I'm just practicing po, Ma, Ba," Amir defends.

"Eh, why don't you practice somewhere else?" the little girl puts her hands on her waist.

"Kase I want to practice here."

"May music room naman tayo, dito ka talaga nagpa-practice. Nananadiya ka eh!"

"Hep! Sshh!" Kylie silenced them, "Bakit ba kase kayo nagaagawan sa isang lugar eh ang laki ng bahay?"

"Mama, I got here first," Noelle pouted.

"Amir, bakit mo kase inaasar ang kapatid mo? Alam mo namang pikon," Ruru said and sat beside his son.

"Hey, I'm not pikon!"