Park

"Mama," a little girl tugged on Kylie's shirt for the nth time that day. She sighed knowing what her daughter wanted. She pretended like she didn't notice as she continued cooking.

   "Mama, pansin me, please," Noelle, once again, tugs on her mother's shirt.

   "Anak, what is it that you want? Mama's cooking oh," Kylie sighs as she lowered the fire and looked at her four year old.

   "Let's go to the park," she pleads.

   Kylie knelt down to her daughter's level and caressed her darling little kikay face,"Noelle, my love, we can't go today. Kuya's sick and Mama has to take care of him. Maybe next weekend, Kikay, okay?"

   She could see the sadness and disappointment in her eyes. Noelle nodded and looked down grudgingly walking to the living room when she bumped into a tall figure causing her to fall on her bum.

   "Ow!" she exclaims as tears finally started falling upon her face from the fall and the disappointment. Kylie snapped her head at her baby's cry, but was relieved when she saw her husband was about to pick her up.

   "I'm sorry, Baby. Baba's sorry. Don't cry na," Ruru coos apologetically as he carries her in his arms.

   "So clumsy, Baba!" she cried. Kylie heard that and gave Ruru a small smile and mouthed 'Sumpong'.

   "I'm sorry, Kikay. Don't cry na please. Stop it na. You know I don't like to see you crying," he says to the still crying girl while wiping the tears away.

   "Then, don't look!" she managed to say inbetween sobs. Ruru and Kylie had to stifle a laugh before putting on their 'strict parents' faces.

   "Noelle Amariah, that wasn't a very nice thing to say," Kylie scolded.

   "We know you're frustrated about something but, that is not an excuse for being disrespectful, Princess," Ruru explains in a more loving tone as he continued to wipe her tears.

   "I'm sorry, Baba and Mama," Noelle says in a small voice causing her parent's heart to melt. This was her strength, really. Noelle got her charm from her mother, the type you can almost never say no to.

   "And will you say that again?" Kylie asks.

   "No, Mama," she replied with her head still down.

   "Very good. Now, do you wanna tell Baba why you were making sumpong kanina?" Ruru says gently putting the stray hair on her face behind her ears just like he used to with Kylie.

   "I wanna go to the park, but Mama said no. Kase Kuya is sick daw," she says sounding like she was telling on her mother.

   "Kikay, Mama has to take care of Kuya kase he has fever," Ruru tries to explain.

   "But she can take care of Kuya in the park, Baba," she reasons. Ruru and Kylie let out a small giggle at her idea, "What? Why are you laughing at me?"

   "Anak, kase if we go to the park, Kuya is gonna feel worse. It's a little hot outside and Kuya is supposed to be resting," he replied kissing her head.

   "But I wanna go to the park, Baba," she says with a pout on her lips, the same pout that Ruru has, the one he can never say no to.

   "Uhm, sige pero just the two os us ha?" Ruru deals with her. Kylie shot him a 'what-are-you-doing' look. He smiled in return.

   "Okay! Yey! Help me change, Baba, please?" the little girl exclaims excitedly at her father as she squiggles in his arms.

   "Sige, I'll help you dress up. Let's go!" Ruru rides on her excitement bouncing her in his arms as Kylie watched them running towards the staircase.