Boys Day Out

Ruru couldn't help but sigh. He had been spending almost half of his morning with Noelle placing makeup on his face just after they had 'tea time'. Don't get him wrong, he didn't hate it, far from it. He loves spending time and playing with his princess but, he feels like he isn't spending enough time with Amir.

"Baba, what do want for eyeshadow? Purple or pink?" Noelle asks grinning and showing Ruru her eyeshadow palette.

"Anything you like, Kikay," he replied smiling.

"Okay, purple!" she exclaimed and started putting on a very bright shade of purple on his eyelid.

"Baby, enough na. Can we go have a snack first?" he says making an excuse to get her to stop. He loved their little make over sessions but, he needed to bond with his son too.

"No thank you, Baba. I'm not hungry," she responds to his horror.

"What about water? Di ba inuuhaw si ikaw?" he asks with both eyes still closed.

"Hindi po," he grinned when he heard her speaking Tagalog.

She sounds so cute.

"Everyone, come downstairs! It's snack time!" Kylie exclaims from the kitchen to his great relief.

Ruru carried Noelle and held Amir's hand down the stairs to make sure they wouldn't run. All the while, Amir was laughing at how his father's face was all colored with so much make up.

They reached the kitchen and Ruru sat both of his children on their chairs. Kylie turned around and put peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on their kid's plate and smiled at them each. When she placed a sandwich on his plate, she looked at him and almost burst out laughing.

"Uhm, Babe, can we talk in the kitchen please?" she asks biting her cheeks while her shoulders were already shaking.

They excused themselves from the children and scurried to the kitchen. Kylie turned into a fit of giggles the moment they were far from the children's ears.

"What happened to your face?" she managed to ask inbetween her laughs.

"Your daughter. That's what happened to my face," he replied with a straight face.

"Oh, so now she's only my daughter?" she sarcastically asked her laughter dying down to a slight chuckle.

  "Remind me again, why I agreed on buying her that Claire's make up kit?" he asks grudgingly in return.

   "Because she pouted at you, that's why."

   "Right," he sighed, "So what is it that you wanna talk about?"

   "What shade she used for your lipstick because it looks so fucking cute on you," she replied jokingly causing him to pout his lips and smirk as if he was striking a pose for a picture.

  "I don't know really but, it looks so cute and so tots lit. You like it, Beshie?" he responds in what she assumes is his 'girly' voice.

   "Babe, what the hell?" she started hysterically laughing again as he continued posing. He loved it that he could make her laugh like this because she's so beautiful when she's happy.

   "Okay, okay, I'll stop. Why'd you wanna talk to me?" he says as he stopped posing and Kylie wiped the tears in her eyes.

   She cleared her throat before speaking, "Nothing, I just wanted to be away from the kids while I laugh at you. Alam mo naman si Kikay, magtatampo yun kase tinawanan ko yung 'work of art' niya. Tapos si Kulit, nako, baka mawalan yun ng respeto sayo," she let out a laugh.