Stay 2.0

Spit bubbles. Spit ups. Handkerchiefs. Baby powder. Nappies.

Only some of the most present things in Kylie's life at home. Each and every day, there were two youngsters that waited for Mama to feed them, clean after them, play with them, and sometimes, discipline them. It was a routine they had since Amir came- Ruru would work and be home on the weekends and Kylie would only work when Ruru had no projects. That way they always had an eye on the kids.

"Mama, do you really need to go?" Amir asked, the tears he was trying so hardly to keep thick in his voice.

Kylie zipped up the backpack she was going to bring and faced her firstborn, "Mahal ko, I really need to go. Kawawa naman my fans in Baguio if I don't come kase they waited for me for so long, diba?"

"Pero kawawa naman kami because you're going to leave us," he replied blinking back his tears.

Kylie sighed and carried the boy in her arms, kissing his pink cheeks before Amir burrowed himself into his mother's neck.

"Baby, Baba will be here naman and I'll only be gone for two days. Two days lang, Lovie," she tried to make him understand.

"I'll come with you," he whimpers.

"Oh, baby, I'm sorry, but you can't. I love you so much, Anak, you know that pero I can't bring you with me," she cooed.

Just a week ago, Kylie was informed that the cast for her new movie would be doing a mall show at Baguio and, obviously, the news didn't make her baby very happy. This was the first time in a few years since Amir was born that she had to leave the house for more than 8 hours.

Ruru walked in the living room with a baby monitor in hand and a forlorn face.

"Huwag kang mag-drama, Love, please lang. I have enough crying babies on my plate," she said her eyes indicating that she was referring to her son.

Ruru walked to his son and ran his warm palm up and down his back soothingly before carrying him.

"Bye, my love. I have to go na," she bids as she kissed her two boys good bye. "Kiss Noelle good bye for me."

"No, Mama! Don't go please!" Amir wailed.

Kylie turned around and wiped away the tears on his cheek, "My baby, it's gonna be okay. I'll be back super fast."

"I'll come with you," he hiccups.

"I'm so sorry, Darling. I can't take you."

"I'll be a good boy, I promise," the boy said, raising his right hand.

"Oh, my darling boy," she cooed and carried him. "You're making me not want to leave na."

Kylie gave Ruru a look, signaling him to carry Amir. He carefully held the boy's back and pulled him gently.

"No, Mama, No! Don't leave me!" he pleaded, making Kylie's heart sink.

"Baby, I love you," she kissed his forehead.

"Be careful there, okay?" Ruru reminded.

"You're the one that needs to be careful," she joked and gave him a peck on the lips. "Bye, bye."

Kylie closed the door of her car and started driving out of their gate.

"Mama, come back!" Amir called.

Ruru kissed his son's forehead, "It's okay, Anak. Mama will be back really soon."

"I want her to come back now," he hiccuped.

"I know, I know, but we'll just have to be very patient, won't we, Amir?"

The boy nodded.

He wiped away the tears on the boy's face, "No more crying na, ha?"