Interview

"How does it feel to be a young father?" the question that Ruru had to answer way too many times already. He says that he could literally just memorize what he says to answer it because the media ask him that way too often.

   "Love, I have to leave now," Ruru announced as he stood beside her while Kylie hovered over Amir's rocker.

   "Already?" she whispered, her exhaustion vivid in her voice. Stifling a yawn, Kylie picked up their son of three weeks old.

   "Yeah, I don't wanna get stuck in traffic," he then looked at his son slowly fluttering his eyes open. "Hi, Bud. Did you have a nice nap, little man?"

   "A good hour, Baba. Slept like a baby. Oh, wait, he is a baby!" Kylie chuckled. "Say, bye bye, Baba," she took his fragile little hand in between her fingers and waved them at Ruru.

   "Bye, Buddy. Bye, my love," he bid and kissed their foreheads.

   Just when Ruru was about to step away from his little family, Amir started wailing. His cries broke their hearts and the way his lips would form a pout when he breathed in made their souls hurt.

   "Aww, Baby, don't cry. I'll be right back, I promise," Ruru coos, brushing the back of his hand against the baby's cheek. Memorizing the way his muscles moved and the sound of his cry before time would take the cruel drift, before it's too late to call him baby. "There, there, Lovebug. It's  okay. Sshh, it's okay."

   And almost like magic, the infant calmed down. His wails dying down to little sniffs. His pout slowly easing away.

   "Better answer those questions well, Mistser. Your son is gonna be watching you," Kylie giggled before she left a quick kiss that would linger on his lips the whole time he'd be away.

   "Yes, ma'am," he saluted and chuckled. "Bye, Lovies. Gotta go make some money."
-
   Ruru looked at his reflection in the mirror, secretly hoping that face would be the very same one he'd see on his son twenty four years later. He smiled to himself when he thought of his son, the reason for his being, his little prince.

   "Ru, we're airing in 5 minutes," a staff announced.

    "Ah, sige po. Susunod na," he smiled. He took his phone out of his pocket and texted his wife.

To Love:

Airing in 5 minutes, amore. Love you!

  "Ru!"

   "Opo, nandiyan na po!" he replied, put his phone on silent mode, stuffed it in his pocket and jogged to the set.
-
   "Nasubaybayan natin ang taong ito noong nag Protege hanggang naging teen star, naging hunk. Ngayon naman ay alamin natin ang kanyang buhay bilang bagong ama. Ruru Madrid, everyone!" Arnold Clavio introduced as the camera focused on Ruru.

   "Magandang Gabi po, mga Kapuso," Ruru greeted politely and waved. "Magandang gabi po."

   "Ruru, kamusta ka naman?"

   "Okay naman po. Medyo kulang sa tulog pero kinakaya para sa anak," he smiled.

   "Talagang tatay ka na ngayon ah," Arnold commented and slightly laughed. "So, the last time na nandito ka, kasama mo si Kylie at nag announce kayo na yun na nga buntis siya tapos ngayon andito na si baby. Anong pakiramdam?"

   "Di ko ma explain, Tito Arnold. Para bang ang saya-saya pero nakakapagod din na walang tulog. Worth it naman kase mahal na mahal ko yung anak ko pero alam mo yun? Yung nakakapanibago pero sobrang saya po," he grinned.

   A picture appeared on the screen. It was a picture of Amir's face with his cute little dimples.

   "Ayan! Ang pogi! Poging bata, Ru."

   "Pwera usog po. Thank you," he laughed.

   "Kwentohan mo kami tungkol sa picture na yan. Bakit naka smile na siya? Ang aga naman yata."

   "Uh, si Amir po is three weeks old. Ang nangyari po diyan is parang ginanon ko yung chin niya," he acted out as if he was brushing something with his pointer finger, "Tapos parang reflex yata na ngumanga siya. Yung mouth niya us drifting towards the direction of my finger kaya ayun medyo bumakat ang dimples."

   "Kay cute na bata mukhang anghel oh. Nakikita niya, mga Kapuso? Mukhang anghel!"

   "Pwera usog po," Ruru laughed again.

   "Sa naririnig ko ang hirap-hirap daw kapag nagbubuntis ang maybahay. Personally, wala naman akong na experience na ganon. Ikaw ba, Ru? Noong nagbubuntis si Kylie?"

   Ruru laughed, "Patay ako nito 'pag uwi ko!"

   "Huwag kang magalala, Ru. Kami nang bahala sayo," Arnold laughed along in his usual jocular character.

   "Opo, na experience ko din yun kay Kylie."

   "Mga gano ka grabe?"

   "Mood swings at its finest po talaga. Yung pinagtitimpla ko siya ng gatas tapos bigla nalang iiyak. Tatanongin ko kung bakit, di din niya alam," he chuckled at the memory. "Or yung tipong ayaw niya akong patulugin sa kwarto pero namimiss niya daw ako kaya nagvi-video call kame. Ang weird lang pero worth it din naman."

   "Ngayon na nandito na si Baby Amir, masasabi mo ba na worth it?"

   "Opo, sobrang worth it! Dati kase I thought Kylie would be the greatest and truest love I would ever have pero pag dating ni Amir parang wala ng space for the love I have for him eh. He's my heart. The moment I saw him was the first time I ever got to experience that my heart is beating outside of my body kase nasa kanya na," Ruru left Arnold and the crowd astonished with his sudden declaration of love.

   "Mahal na mahal mo talaga ang mag-ina mo, noh?"

  "Higit pa sa buhay ko, Tito Arnold," he smiled and with the curling of his lips, sincerity filled his eyes. Through his tired eyes, you see his joyful spirit.

   "Now, hindi pa namin alam if pag-aartistahin niyo si Amir pero artistahin yung bata, ang gwapo. Ten years from now, ipapakita namin ito sakanya. Anong gusto mong sabihin kay Baby Amir?"

   He cleared his throat and heaved a breathe, "Uhm, Amir, my boy, my firstborn, you mean everything to me."

   There was a slight pause with a poignant silence as Ruru looked down and let out a laugh, "Like I always say, I'm not a perfect father and I can't promise you that I am the best but I hope I'm doing a good enough job for someone as precious as you, little man. I love you."
-
   Tweeted by rurumadrid8:

If I kept you within the pages of a storybook, would it keep you in this chapter forever?
—————
Hi! Long time no update and I  am truly sorry for that.

This is credited to the person who suggested it, @imaginarybluegirl . I am so sorry if this doesn't satisfy you, but I tried, trust me, I did.

Comment and vote. I'm putting the suggestions on hold because J have a lot on my plate right now. Love lots!