Today

August 1

Sitting on the couch has never been more uncomfortable for Kylie. She loves her son, yes, but it was getting really hard to deal with him being in her. She was stressed about how hot and stuffy she always felt and how Ruru couldn't do anything to help her.

"Love, I'm so hot!" Kylie exclaimed fanning herself with her hand.

"Of course, you are. Palagi naman eh," he responded eating popcorn out of the bowl.

Kylie's head snapped towards him, "And you're not gonna do anything about it?"

"I like how you're hot, Love," he shortly replied still focused on watching 'Finding Dory' on the TV screen.

"What the heck, Ru?! You like how I'm so uncomfortable and stuffy even when I'm wearing such thin clothing, the aircon is on blast mode, and the fan can create a tornado?!" she said with smoke figuratively coming out of her flaring nose.

"Oh, you mean hot as in warm," he said and scratched his nape.

"Ezekiel!" she screamed. Seriously, this guy, can he get any more annoying than he already is? Like is that possible?

"Love, I'm sorry. I really can't do anything about it. I'll go get you a glass of ice-cold water, would you like that?" he soothed.

"Yes, I would like that, thank you very much," she rolled her eyes.

A few moments later, Ruru was back with a glass filled with ice-cold water like he said. He gave it to his wife and fanned her with a magazine.

"Does that do any help?" he asked.

"A little bit y-AAH!" she couldn't finish her sentence due to the pain coming from her belly, her back, her core, everything seemed to be... contracting.

Oh shit, I'm in labor.

"What's wrong?" he asked anxiously watching her wincing in pain.

"I-I think I'm going into labor, Love," she said in between pants.

Ruru's eyes widened. His mind was all over the place. His boy was coming out soon. His son, he was gonna see his son soon.

"Ru, ano ba?! Bring me to my duola now!" she exclaimed.

"Right, right. Let's go. Come here," he assisted her and slowly got her up.

He picked up two bags that they packed for this very same reason and headed for the car. Once there, he drove towards the water birth clinic that Kylie was gonna give birth in.

"Love, just calm down, okay? Just calm down, we're almost there," Ruru cooed.

"Calm down?! You want me to calm down?! My insides feel like hell!"

Ruru shut his mouth and continued driving, not knowing what to say to his wife. He doesn't bother looking at her while he drives because it pains him seeing her that way. Also because she would just tell him to drive faster.

"Erin, we're here," Ruru announces to Kylie's duola for water birth.

"Okay, Kylie, I want you to do the breathing exercises I taught you and don't stress. Ruru, I want you to assist her in any way you can," she instructs as she set up the hot tub.

"Love, are you okay? Do you need anything?" he asked.

"I'm fine, Love. I haven't had my second contraction, it's okay," she smiled.

"Baby, are you sure you're okay?"

"Oo nga. I'm fine, we're fine," she rubbed her big baby bump.