Stay

"Love, uhm, can we talk?" Ruru starts.

"We're talking right now, Love," Kylie replied sarcastically.

"I mean without the k-i-d-s," his eyes drifted to the direction of Amir teaching Noelle how to color.

"Oh, okay. Kuya, can you take care of your sister please? Mama and Baba just need to talk about something okay?"

"Okay, Ma," the boy smiled but when Noelle heard it, she got up and hugged her Baba's legs.

"I talk too," she said.

"I'm sorry, Baby. It's a big boys and girls talk that Mama and I have to do but we'll be right back, okay?" he said and crouched to kiss her head.

Kylie gently closed the door of their bedroom and faced her husband.

"What is it that you want to talk about?"

"I have to go to Cebu," he started.

Kylie's eyes widened, "What? When?"

"Next week," he scratched his nape.

"How long?"

"Seven days, Love."

"Seven days? Pitong araw kang mawawala sa bahay?" she asked trying to stay calm.

Goodness, she was already thinking about how Noelle would throw more tantrums and how no one will help her with Amir. Who would make Noelle shut up when she was crying? Who would sing her to sleep?

"Love, one week lang naman yun. It's for Roadtrip, we just had a meeting kanina," he tried to calm her down by caressing her shoulders with his hands.

"Anong one week lang? Ezekiel, one week yun! Seven days na ako lang magaalaga sa mga anak mong makukulit. One week na wala akong katabi sa kama, ano ba?!" she said her nose flaring.

"At one week mo din di makikita tong mukhang 'to," he kidded.

"Mabuti nga!"

"Then, why are you so mad, baby girl?" he said and smirked, showing his deep, damn dimples.

"Kase!"

"Kase ano?" he teased.

"Kase mami-miss ka ng mga bata and Noelle's gonna throw tantrums and cry," she reasoned.

"Ang mga bata mami-miss ako, eh ikaw? Di mo ko mami-miss?"

"Mami-miss siyempre," she admitted pouting.

He let out a slight chuckle at how cute she still looked even after two kids.

"Why are you laughing? Bakit ikaw ba di mo ko mami-miss?"

"Siyempre, I'm gonna miss you and the kids," he said and wrapped her in his arms. He pulled away and squished her cheeks between his palms.

"Itong mukha mong maganda, mami-miss ko ng sobra pero one week lang naman yun. One week lang for work, okay?"

She nodded.

"Good girl. Now, come give me a hug kase mami-miss kita," he instructed.

"For your information lang, Ezekiel, ha? Hindi ako aso kaya huwag mo akong ma 'good girl' diyan," she rolled her eyes and hugged him.
-
"Baba, why are you packing po?" Amir asked looking at his father organize his clothes in his trolley while his mother double-checked the medicine box she packed for him.

"I'm going to Cebu, Bud," he shortly answered.

"We're going to Cebu?" the boy asked excitedly.

"Sorry, buddy. Only Baba's going there, it's for work kase," he explained and the boy let out a disappointed sigh.