Big Boy

"Amir, do you want some help?" Kylie asked her four year old. He was putting away his books on the shelf neatly. Though she was happy that he knows how to clean up his own mess, you can't take away the sadness of him slowly growing up.

She misses having to pick him up when he falls down while walking. She misses kissing his nonexistent neck. She misses the late night feeding. She misses the diaper changes. She misses cleaning after him. She misses everything about him being a baby because, even at four years old, he was already very responsible.

"Baby, you want help?" she asks again.

"No, no, Mama. I'm done na," Amir replies clapping his hands together.

"Baby, let's go downstairs. You have to eat already."

"Okay, Mama," he replied. She was expecting him to raise his hands to let her carry him but, he didn't. He walked to her and held her hand.

They walked to the kitchen hand in hand and still Amir refused to be carried. She had to carry him to get him on the chair though.

"Baby, you eat all of this ha?" she reminds as she serves food on his plate and was about to spoon feed him.

"No, Mama. I can do it," Amir replies taking the spoon from his mother's hand and started eating by himself.

"Anak, baka you'll make a mess," she insists.

"I won't, Mama. I promise," he said.

"Okay then," she sighs in defeat.

She started eating her lunch and kept an eye on her son who was neatly eating by himself. No more boiling and mashing veggies for his food.

"Baby, tapos ka na?" she asks putting her utensils nicely on her plate.

"Mama, don't call me baby. I'm a big boy na," he said grinning proudly. Big boy? Since when was he a 'big boy', he's only a baby! Where did time go?

"What? Who told you? Sinong nagsabi na big boy ka na?" she asked trying not to cry in front of him.

"Baba," he replied bluntly.

I'm gonna kill you, Ezekiel, I swear.

"Don't believe him."

"Pero it's true, Mama. Big boy na si ako," he explains.

"Anak," she sighs and cupped his face, "kahit gaano kapa kalaki, baby kaparin sa akin."

"But I'm a big boy na, Mama," he persists.

"Okay, fine. Big boy kana," she gives up and closed her eyes to stop the tears that were threatening to come out. This was it, he was growing up already.

Then, they heared the doorbell and the click of the door as Ruru entered with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts in hand.

"Donuts!" Amir exclaimed as he jumped of the chair and started running to his father.

"Hey, don't run please. You just ate," Kylie said as she put the dishes in the dishwasher.

"Ay, you only like the donuts?"

"And Baba also. I like Baba and donuts," Amir replied with a sweet grin, stretching his lips. Ruru leaned down to kiss his head and mess his hair up.

"Okay, big boy. Eto na donuts mo, Kulit," Ruru said handing his son the box of donuts.

"Yey!" he exclaimed and quickly ran to the coffee table to open and start eating.

"Ehem," Ruru heard as he turned his head and found his beautiful wife staring at him.

"Yes, my love?" he asks as he wraps his arms around her waist and plants a kiss on her lips.

"Don't 'my love' me, what did you tell Amir?" she said in a whisper so their son wouldn't hear them.

"Ha? Wala naman akong sinabi sakanya, Love," he denies

"Anong wala?" she replies with her still in his embrace. Ruru hugged her tighter and started swaying.

"What do you think you're doing?" she asks still feeling a little mad.

"I'm dancing with my gorgeous wife," he said whispering to her ear and nibbling on it after sending shivers down her spine.

"Mama, Baba, come eat!" Amir shouts through a mouthful of donuts causing them to break away from each other. That left Kylie's face as red as a ripe tomato.

"Alright, we're gonna eat donuts. Yey!" Kylie said trying to be at the same level of excitement Amir is.

"What about you Baba?" Amir asked looking at his father who was walking grudgingly towards them.

"Yeah, I'll eat some donuts. Don't finish it, you little takaw," he said tickling his son's side.

While eating the donuts, Kylie kept giving Ruru some glares that could pierce through his soul. He tried to shift his attention to Amir but, the boy just kept eating leaving him no choice but to look at her.

"I'll go get water muna. Baka mabulunan 'tong si Kulit," Ruru said as he stood up and pinched the young boy's cheek. Even when he was walking away, he could still feel his wife's stare.

Up to their nightly TV watching sessions as a couple, she refused to stop her staring and wasn't cuddled up to him like she always is. He took an apple slice from the bowl and looked at her angrily watching another episode of 'Game of Thrones'.

"Love, ano bang problema?" he finally asked but regretted it when she threw the throw pillow at him.

"Ako? Wala akong problema. Wala!" she said with her nose flaring.

"Mahal, I really don't know what's making you upset. So please tell me why you feel this way," he replied scooting closer to her reaching out for her.

"Sino ba kaseng nagsabing I'm upset?! I'm not upset, okay?!" she snapped. He sighed and trapped her in a bear hug. Of course she tried to squiggle out of it, but he only hugged her tighter.

"Baby, what's making you so angry? What did I do?" he said cooing his wife as he nuzzled her hair.

"Because who the fuck told you that Amir needed to stop being carried by me? Who said he was a big boy? He's my baby for pete's sake," she replies in a very frustrated tone.

"Aww, sweetheart, are you upset about Amir growing up? I didn't tell him he was a big boy, he was acting like one and I just said na he's acting like a big boy na," he continued talking sweetly trying to put down the fire that was obviously in her eyes.

"Why is he growing up so fast, Love?" she asked her voice shaking. He took it as his cue to kiss her forehead and caress her face.

"I don't know, Baby," then a bright idea popped into his head," You miss having a baby in the house na, don't you?"

"Yeah," she pouts.

"Well, the night is young and Amir's asleep."

"And?"

"And maybe it's time na sundan natin siya," he said in a whisper as he started kissing her jawline down to her neck.

"Ru," she says sternly with her eyes closed.

"Ky," he mimics.

"Love, seryoso ako," she said trying her hardest not to give in because, honestly, he was pushing her to the edge.

"Seryoso din ako. Gawa tayo ng bagong baby," he said seductively.

"Lo-" she was cut off by his lips on hers as his hands started to roam her body.

That was the night Noelle Amariah was conceived.

-----
Comment, vote, and leave a suggestion. Lots of love!