We're Okay

Married life is scary. Parenting is terrifying. Those two things will shake your world whether that's a good thing or not is up to you. The marriage of the two will either make you or break you and it's honestly the hardest duo in this world.

Kylie had this small realization as she stared at her son sleeping so peacefully in his crib. She sighed and decided to get some shut eye on the rocking chair beside the crib as well. These days she never got to sleep anymore. With her baby teething with a fever and her husband out of town for the third week in a row, she had all the parenting duties upon her shoulder.

She must have gotten a maximum of 30 minutes of sleep then she was woken up by the loud explosion cries resonating from the crib beside her. Kylie shot up and woke her sleep-deprived butt up to carry her 9-month-old.

"Hey, hey. It's alright, babe. You're fine," she cooed the infant as she rocked him in her arms.

The suffering baby just kept crying, paying no heed to whatever his mother was saying.

She checked the time via wall clock and realized the effect of the teething gel must have worn away already. Kylie, with a devastated baby Amir in her arms, started to the kitchen fridge in a hurried pace.

"Okay, bud, if we could just chill for a second so I can get you on the highchair," she grunted and struggled to get the kid into the said furniture, "Wait just a jiffy. Mama needs to go get the teething gel first, okay? Okay."

Kylie opened the refrigerator to find that the teething gel was nearly empty. She managed to squeeze out a pea-sized amount onto her sanitized finger and started to gently rub it onto Amir's swelling gums. Running back to the freezer, she realized she already had the frozen banana slices she planned on giving the baby.

"Here, here. Eat that. It'll numb the pain," she sounded exasperated even in her own ears. "Lovie, I'm exhausted. Can you sleep for like, I don't know, 12 hours? Okay, I'm sorry. Mama's crazy but maybe that's just because I'm so tired. You can't-"

Her little rant to her son was cut off when her phone started to ring in her pocket. She picked it up without even looking at the screen.

"Yeah?"

"Love?"

She snapped into life, "Oh, hey! Hi, love! How's...uhm... How's..."

"Dumaguete, Ky. I'm at Dumaguete."

"Yes, of course! I remember that."

"Ky, you really need to sleep. I can hear it in your voice," Ruru on the other line sighs.

"That's so easy for you to say! You're not the one here! Amir is teething AND sick! What am I supposed to do? Let my son cry himself until he coughs up his vocal cords?" she snaps at the phone. It wasn't like her to do so. It's the 3 hours of sleep in 5 days talking here.

Ruru sighed, "Hey, love. Calm down. I know you're having trouble with Amir and I'm sorry I can't be there right now. All I'm asking is that you take care of yourself. Your health cannot be compromised with anything."

"Yeah, you're right. I-I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Listen, love, I need to go now. Direc's calling to shoot for another scene. Bye, love you!"

The call ended.

The moment his phone beeped signifying the end of the call, Ruru slumped back on his folding bed. He missed his family so much.

Being far away from your partner can and will bring struggles, all sorts of struggles: communication, intimacy and the deadliest of all, temptation. There will always be that one person who tries to take your loved one's position in your life while he or she is somewhere far and, as it is generally and truthfully known, it's your choice if you would let them.

"Hi, Ru!" and speaking of the devil, Rebecca walks in their shared tent with her usual sultry flare.

"Hey, Bex," he reluctantly replies already feeling himself getting uncomfortable in the presence of his costar's sister.

"So, we were just going to get some donuts and I was wondering if you'd want some?" she asks whilst twirling a strand of her jet black hair with her forefinger.

"No, I'm good. Thank you though."

"Come on, Ru-bear! One donut won't ruin your abs of steel," she giggled with that annoyingly high-pitched voice.

"It's Ruru or Ru," he huffed and shot daggers at her with his eyes, slightly losing his cool at the flirty nickname, "And it's fine, really. I promised my wife I wouldn't eat sweets without her. Trying to live healthier, you know."

Rebecca seductively strutted her way to Ruru's folding bed and happily sat her self down on the tiny space beside his legs. She welcomed herself and started to stroke his knee.

"Well," her voice hushed into a raspy whisper, "Your wife isn't here. Besides, what she doesn't know won't hurt her."

She leaned in closer to Ruru's torso and began to fiddle with his buttons, not undoing them but she might as well be. Rebecca flashed one of her signature smiles that perfectly matched her vixen disposition.

Ruru pried her hands from his body gently amidst his upset condition for the sake of chivalry and stood up.

"I vowed my loyalty and love to my wife, Bex, and that means I keep my promises. Even the smallest ones," he spoke sternly and left the tent.

He paced around the set in an almost panicky manner. The thought of her actually touching him places only his wife has ever touched disgusts him so much but what was even more disgusting was that a small part of him was leaning towards carnal need at that given situation. Luckily enough, he wasn't some ape that gave in without thinking. He was a full-grown man who had a mind to think with and a heart to love with.

Ruru took out his phone from his pocket and the lock screen shone bright with the smiles of his family. Then, a thought crossed his mind: would I be willing to give these two up for a temporary pleasure?

No. The clear answer was no.

"I'm okay, love. We're okay."
------
Requested by @FanModeOn313

Vote, comment and leave a suggestion! Love lots!