Wedding Bells

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Repeat.

That was all Ruru and Kylie were trying to do at the moment. They were quite a distance away, but their hearts were beating the same fast thud- going 'lubdub, lubdub' and not missing a single second.

Kylie looked at her reflection in the mirror. She looked blooming with so much happiness in her eyes, the kind of happiness that cannot be swayed by anything or anyone. That lady in the mirror is the very same one that will be a mother in a few months. The very same one that will be walking down the aisle of the church towards the man she truly and utterly loves to bits.

That man. Just thinking of him makes her smile from ear to ear.

"Bulldog, sobrang excited ka yata maging misis kaya ganyan ka maka-ngiti," said a manly voice that made her head turn to the door. She saw the man she loved and loved her since day one, her father. He was leaning against the door with her sisters, brother, mother, and step-mother behind him.

Robin walked towards Kylie with open arms, "Anak ko, ikakasal ka na!"

"Opo, Pa. Magiging misis na ako," she beamed.

"Anak, are you okay? How are you feeling?" Liezl soothingly rubs her hand up and down her daughter's arm.

"I'm fine, Ma. Nervous and excited, that's all," she chuckled.

"Oh my goodness, Ate. I still can't believe you're getting married already," Ali hugged his sister gently.

"Well, it has to happen someday, Ali," Queenie squeezed Kylie's arm gently.

"Ate, I just want this to sink in. You are getting married to the love of your life," Zhen said clearly.

Her words echoed in each and every corner of her mind and she smiled again.

"Kyky, di ka na baby. Magiging reyna na ang isa sa mga prinsesa ko," Robin said tearing up.

"Papa, please don't cry. You're making me cry," she said fanning her eyes and looking up to restrain the tears.

"When did you get so big, Bulldog?" Liezl joins in also at the verge of crying.

"Magiging mommy ka na din," Mariel smiled at her.

"Opo, Tita," she caressed her still flat tummy.

"By the way, Ate. Kuya Ruru wanted to give you this," Ali said and placed a silvery blue box with a golden ribbon on top.

"What's this?" she curiously asked herself.

She opened the box to find a golden bracelet with aqua marines. The design didn't look very modern, but it was beautiful. Beside it was a piece of scented paper that was folded thrice. She opened it and read the words that were written by her husband-to-be.

Para ti mi amore
This is an heirloom that is to be given by the eldest male Madrid of each generation to the love of his life. And you are mine, Love. Please wear this bracelet, huwag mong tanggalin, bad things happen. Haha just kidding! I love you, mi amore. Can't wait to marry you

Love,
Ruru

"Kahit kailan talaga 'tong lalakeng 'to," she laughed at his Ghost Bride reference.

"Pero kinilig ka naman," Robin teased.
She chuckled- a soft, excited, full of joy chuckle. She just couldn't wait.
-
"Kuyaaaaaa," Rere singsonged as she peaked through the door. "Damn, gwapo ng kuya ko ah!"

"Sige, maganda ka nalang din," he laughed and half-hugged his sister. "Bango mo ah! Amoy kadiri!"

"Ang sama mo talaga!" she hit his shoulder.