Dealing with It

So the great news erupted in the Padilla-Madrid family circle. Everyone was excited for the new addition but, of course, the couple got a few disappointed smiles and stares but, nevertheless, still happy. Once the couple confirmed their unexpected pregnancy, the news spread like wildfire. The whole country was talking about it in a span of weeks. They couldn't get out of the house without the paparazzi chasing after them. They even changed mobile numbers because there was nonstop calls and texts for an interview or an advance commercial for a baby product once the baby was born.

The kid was already a star even before he was born. Well, it's the KyRu offspring you are talking about, the great heir of Lireo or Sapiro. The pressure of being perfect was already with him in the womb.

For Ruru, he heard a few tales told by fathers about the terrorizing 'paglilihi' stage. He wasn't deaf to his dad's good luck chuckle but nothing, absolutely nothing, could have prepared him for the chambers of hell that he had to go through to satisfy his fiance's cravings.

"Love, ano ba?! I told you to fucking get me some string cheese!" Kylie screamed angrily at him, throwing a pillow square on his face.

"Love, wala na tayong string cheese," he calmly explained.

"Then, go buy me some!"

"Mahal ko, it's the middle of the night. I wouldn't be able to find your string cheese anywhere even if I tried," he reasoned.

"But I want string cheese! I would kill for some string cheese, Ru," she said with her eyes glossy with tears.

"Hey, hey, don't cry, Baby. No, don't cry. I can get you some cheddar or mozarella from the fridge downstairs," he comforted and hugged her because her tears started to leak out of her eyes.

Damn, the hormones.

"Ayoko non! I want string cheese and if you can't get me that, get away from me kase wala ka rin namang magagawa to satisfy me!" she pushed him away, hard enough to send him to the floor.

"Love, I'm sorry. Sorry sa inyong dalawa, mag-hahanap nalang ako. Promise, I'll try to bring home your string cheese, Baby, okay?" he said getting up and kissed her forehead.

Driving to all the 24-hours open convenient stores he could find, he was continuously rubbing his arms to create friction. Man, was it a bad decision to wear his pajamas out. He was yawning and taking consistent sips from the coffee he bought. He was losing hope when he saw this sort of high-end convenient store that had a big pack of string cheese and it was the last one.

"Thank you, Lord," he mustered under his breath.

He grabbed the package but another hand was on it alongside with his. Ruru looked at the owner and saw this college student who looked like a zombie.

"I'm sorry, Kid, but I got it first," he smiled and tried to gently pull the package.

"Sir, I saw this first. I need to have something creamy to keep myself alive," said the zombie.

"Listen here, Kiddo, and listen well. I need this for my fiance and unborn child so please give in. I have been looking for this all night and I won't be able to sleep well if I don't bring this to her. Kaya please lang, Bata, ibigay mo na sa akin to," he replied almost begging.

"Thank you for the speech but, I would like cry if I don't bring this home."

"Yes, but my pregnant fiance will kill me, kill you, kill everyone in her way to her string cheese," Ruru explained seriously and the guy just sighed and gave up.

"Thank you so much," he whispered and payed for the cheese and drove home.

Racing up the stairs, he opened their bedroom door to find Kylie sleeping soundly and taking nearly 3/4 of their bed. He chuckled and shook his head.