Baby Girl

Ruru loves his children equally, really he does. And he firmly believes that there is no such thing as the 'favoured child' because they were treated equally. He also thinks that no one is better than the other because they both excelled in the things they did. Amir was a wonderful kuya and he excelled in his academics, he was graceful in martial arts, he had an eye for art, his mind was wondrous with poetry and story plots of his own, he's an amazing dancer and a wonderful singer. Noelle, like her brother, is a really fast learner, she was very good with words, her skills in martial arts were amazing, she danced captivatingly, and her singing voice was soothing and light. Their wisdom and ways of thinking were way beyond their age. His kids were special in his heart and could melt him in a snap of a finger.

   But there was something about Noelle that he really couldn't explain. He didn't love her more, but there really is something to her. With just one pout, he turns into goo. She hugs him and he's suddenly a teddy bear. One squeal and he becomes excited too. Maybe it was the undeniable charm she got from her mother or the EVERYTHING she got from her mother that he could not resist to the point where Kylie would have to remind him not to spoil her too much. Or maybe it's that father-daughter bond that Kylie always jokes about, he really did not know.

   That something is truly special, so if Noelle says they're having Filipino spaghetti for merienda again for the fifth time in a row, then so be it. Even if everybody else was getting umay.

   "Sweet spaghetti, yum, yum, yum," Noelle sang and swayed her hips from side to side. Kylie watched in amusement and chuckled.

   "Noelle, what are you doing?" Amir laughed.

   "Dancing."

   Kylie shook her head and connected her phone to the speaker on the kitchen island counter. She clicked on her jazz playlist, which they loved so much as a family, and watch her kids pair up and dance. She turned her head to her husband who was busying in the kitchen while adding some dance moves to his every move.

   She laughed, "Love, mukha kang tanga!"

   "Kung alam ko lang, mas lalo kang naiin love sa'kin," he wiggled his bum in her direction while he was shredding the cheese.

   "Ru!" she exclaimed and covered her eyes with her hands, but still she peaked through her fingers.

   "Love, look at me," he teased and tried to pull her hands away from the other side of the kitchen island.

   "No, I'm gonna look at the kids nalang," she giggled and rotated her chair to face her children.

   She watched gaily as their children danced and seemed to have the giggles. They laughed and sang along to the lines of Richard Poon's version of L-O-V-E. Amir twirled his sister around again and again causing their laughter to fill the air even more.

   "You guys really like this song, noh?" Kylie asked.

   "Opo, it's nice kase," Amir said and continued dancing with Noelle.

   "Yeah, and when I get married, I like this song to be my-"

   "Hoy, hoy, anong married?! Walang kasalang magaganap. Naku sinasabi ko talaga sa'yo, Noelle Amariah," Ruru cut her off and shot a protective glance towards her.

   The young girl pouted and crossed her arms, "Mama, you stop nalang the song please."

   Kylie  wiped both her kids' backs before she carried the little Kikay in her arms, "Why, Baby? Diba you love this song?"

   "Baba won't let me listen to it," she tattled.

   Amir continued humming the tune of the song earning a sharp look from Noelle. The boy only smiled at the younger Madrid and mouthed 'I love you, Kikay.'