Chapter 6 -Too Late

Matthew Lemiere

"You okay?" Dylan asked and I nodded. I sipped my alcohol and leaned back to the sofa.

"You shouldn't be drinking.. tomorrow is Cailey's wedding day."

"I know.. Don't remind me." I sighed.

"Still can't believe the fact that Zac got her instead of you?"

"Good thing that he's our cousin or not.. I already take her away again."

"You had that moment but you always miss it." Dylan said and I sighed.

"Don't remind me.."

"You still can't let her go?" He asked and I turned to him.

"I don't have a choice.. at least she's happy."

"You know.. Crystal might be your sister but you care for Cailey more."

"That's not true."

"Remember in highschool?" Dylan said and I glared.

"Don't try to bring that up.." I sighed and sipped my alcohol again. Suddenly Dylan got up and walked towards the door.. He opened the door revealing Cailey. My eyes widen and Dylan smirked. He left and Cailey walked in.

"You're not suppose to be drinking.. tomorrow is my wedding day." She said as she sat across me.

"Should I stop drinking so I can stand beside you at the church?" I asked and she looked me disbelief.

"I'm not the groom.. so chill." I said and she sighed.

"Matthew.."

"Don't give me that tone." I warned her.

"Until when you're going to act like this?" She asked.

"I'm normal."

"If he's not your cousin.. I bet you're already kill him." She said as she crossed her arms.

"1000% right."

"Matthew.. Don't be like this."

"You know I care for you a lot.. You know that so well Cailey" I said with a little bit of temper.

"I know.. but until when you're going to be like this? Until when?" She asked.

"I don't know, until.. I don't know Cailey." I sighed and she looked at me without any expression."

"I'm Zac's now."

"Don't remind me."

"Next time, don't be like this. You'll lose someone again."

"Want to runaway.."

"Matthew.. I love Zac and you know that. You have a really big chance 2 times yet you let that slip in front of your eyes thinking that I will get back to you again." She said and she knew she's right.

"I know.."

"Bestfriends?"

"You know we're more than just a bestfriend right?" I said and she chuckled.

"I'm your sister.. besides Crystal."

"Right.." I said and she suddenly got up.. she walked towards me and sat beside me.

"Can I get a hug?"

"I want to kidnap you so bad." I said honestly as I hugged her.

"Don't be like that okay?" She patted my back and I hugged her tightly. I still don't want Zac to have her because I still love her.

"I regret everything.."

"You'll find someone." She said and looked straight to my eyes. She smiled and patted my cheek.

"Don't make the same mistake, Matthew."

"Don't go.." I held her hand tightly.

"Matthew.."

"I'm sorry okay? Can you please take me back?" I begged and she shook her head.

"I love Zac.. I'm sorry. If you asked that before Zac.. Urgh.. I'm sorry." She took away her hand from mine.

"You'll find someone." She kissed my cheek and smiled.

"Bye.. I need to get a lot of sleep." She got up and looked at me one last time.

"Cailey.."

"See you tomorrow." I caught her wrist preventing her to go. I don't want her to go just yet or even seeing her getting married. I got up from the sofa and faced her.

"Matthew.."

"I'm sorry.. I will do anything.."

"Matthew, it's too late." We both looked at each other eyes and I know that she's not for me anymore. I let her wrist go but she still looked at me.

"You're a really great guy, you'll get a woman who is capable for you and so are you for her."

"But you're the girl.."

"I'm sorry, Matthew." She said in a really sad tone.

"Can I- can I.. Nothing." I sighed and sat down again.

"See you tomorrow.."

"I won't come.."

"Matthew." She sighed.

"I will." I said as I drank my alcohol again.

"Goodnight.. Don't drink too much." With that she walked out from the room. I sighed and took the alcohol bottle and started to drink it from the bottle.

"Hey.." I turned to the door to see Andrew and Aiden.

"Did you talk to her?" Aiden asked.

"Yeah. Help me to kidnap her tomorrow." I looked at the both of them.

"I like the fact if she ended up with you but she loves Zac a lot. Even you kidnap her.. You won't get her heart back again.." Andrew said.

"He's right.." Aiden said and I sighed.

"Can you both leave me alone?" I looked at the both of them.

"Please don't think anything stupid.." Aiden said and I nodded. They both left me alone and I started to drink again.

I took out my phone and dialed Cailey's phone number.

"Hey.. What's up?" She answered.

"Come with me for a night drive.."

"Okay.. Only 1 hour." She said.

"2 hours.. please." I begged.

"Matthew.. I can't."

"This will be the last.. I promise." I sighed and hate myself for saying that.

"Okay fine.. 2 hours. I'll drive back to the club." She said and I found myself smiling. I got up and walked out from the club. I waited for her in front the club. I saw her car got in. She parked beside me and got out. I asked her to get inside my car and I drove out from the club..

"This will be the last time okay?"

"No promises.."