Chapter 9 - Stupid

Scarlette Thompson

"Deadline in 4 hours.. Deadline in 4 hours." I said to myself again and again. I can't believe that I slept yesterday. I will get fired if I don't finish this and Mr. Annoying will get angry and maybe throw things at me.

"Scarlette.. Office." Eden opened the door and gestured me to go out. My eyes widen but I got up from my seat. I walked out and saw Mr. Preffin standing.

"Scarlette.. I need this file." He pointed at the paper and I nodded. I ran back to my office and tried to find my USB. God dang it.. where is it? I took my bag and poured everything to the table.

"Scarlette.. I want your new design now.. Go to my office!" Oh shit! That's Mr. Annoying..

"Be right there.." I said but still looking for my USB. Where is it? I opened my drawer and took everything out.. not here.. the other drawer.. not here..

"Scarlette.. I need you to-" Matthew stopped when he saw me and my desk. Oh! It's still attach.. Stupid me. I unplugged my USB quickly and ran to- shit! I tripped on the cable.

"Unbelievable.." Matthew said and I ran outside..

"Mr. Preffin.. here.. the file name is.. S0004"

"S what?"

"S Zero Zero Zero Four." I spelled and he nodded. He walked away and my eyes widen. I ran back to my office.

"Give me the new design.." He said and I looked at him in horror.

"But the deadline is in 4 hours."

"I want it now." He said in a really 'duh' tone.

"Want it now?" I asked again.

"Are you deaf? I told you 3 times." He said and I nodded in panic. I walked towards my computer and my eyes widen.

"No no.. no!!!!" I looked at my computer in horror. It died. I tried to turn in on but it's not working.

"Scarlette.."

"No.. I hven't save it.. no." I said whispering.

"Scarlette!" I turned to Matthew.

"I want it now." He said.

"I will go to your office and I will uhmm I mean.. no.. I want to argh!"

"What are you saying??" Oh shit! He's starting to get mad.

"I will go to your office and give it to you." I said and he crossed his arms.

"You haven't finish it?" He looked at me suspiciously.

"No.. I mean not.. I mean I finish it."

"Show me.." He said looking at me seriously.

"No.. I mean.." I said trying to turn on the computer.

"Scarlette!" He bursted. I tried to turn the computer on but it's not working. I ran to the back off the computer trying to find what's wrong.

"Scarlette! I want-" I turned to him and take his hand.

"Sir please don't fired me.. please.." I begged and he looked at me confuse. He pulled his hand from my grip.

"Show me the design now."

"Have you collect Tina's and Ed-"

"They already showed me yesterday." He said coldly and looked at me seriously.

"The computer died.. I don't know what's wrong. It won't turn on." I said and he sighed big time. He walked pass me to my computer and looked at the cable. He tried to turn it on but it's not working.

"You're so damn clumsy.." He said and I smacked my head for being so stupid.

"Argh!" I scratched my own cheek.

"What?" He asked looking at me and covered my cheek. I smiled and he looked at me annoy.

"I'm sorry.. I will find ou-" He cut me by pointing at the cable down at the floor. My eyes widen.. I tripped on it earlier and it's unplugged. I quickly plug it. He turned it on again and it's on. I jumped happily and shit.. Matthew was looking at me weirdly.

"The design." He said and I nodded. I ran towards the computer and opened my file. My eyes widen... Oh I'm in great shit. The file didn't save.

"What is that?" He asked and I was speechless.

"Scarlette.. What is that??" I closed my eyes taking a really deep breath.

"Scarlette!" He bursted angrily and I jumped a little. I got up from my seat and turned to him.

"I almost finish but when I tripped.. The computer shuts off without me saving my work." I said closing my eyes.. I was afraid.

"You haven't finish it?" He asked in a really scary tone and I nodded weakly.

"Unbelievable.." He said and sighed big time.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, sir. Please forgive me, I'll do anything. Don't fired me sir" I begged to Matthew.

"I can't believe you haven't finish it!"

"Mr. Preffin ask me for designs too and two days ago you want me to process the draft and I-"

"Don't make excuses!"

"Sir.. I'm sorry.. I'm really sorry." I looked down and he sighed.

"Make me a new design and give me tonight."

"Yes sir." I said.

"First warning.. Scarlette." He said and walked out from my office. I smacked my head for being so dumb.

"Scarlette!" I turned my head to the door and found Matthew looking at me disbelief.

"Yes sir?"

"You're working here until night and until I get the design that I want.." He said and I nodded.

"Okay.. I mean.. Yes sir." I said and he left.

I walked back to my chair and sighed. I plopped myself down and leaned back. I closed my eyes and sighed. I opened my eyes again and get back to work.

Gosh.. Scarlette.. you're so stupid.