Chapter 28 - Last Words

Scarlette Thompson

I looked at my design and felt bored. I'm done with my work and submitted it. The things is that.. Matthew is currently away. Don't ask if I miss him or not..

I turned my hand to see my watch and it's almost my time to go home too. Suddenly I remembered that Erica told me that Matthew asked me to take file. I decided to do that now since I'm done with everything.

I got up from my seat and walked out from my office.

"Where are you going?"

"To take Mr. Lemiere's file." I raised the post it that she gave me and she nodded.

"I'm going home too afterwards."

I went down to the lobby and decided to grab a burger on my way there. Suddenly Johnny called and yes I've been hanging out with him when Matthew's not here. That boss have been so weird these days.

"Hey."

"Where are you?" He asked.

"Going to take some files, why?"

"Wanna hangout later on?"

"Sure thing, I'll go to your place after I'm done."

"See you." He said and I ended the call. I put my earphone to my ears and started to listen to classic music. Yes I love classic music. I looked at the address and decided to find it and look for it on map app.

I followed the place and I raised my eyebrows. It lead me to a really dark place and I started to get suspicious. I walked out from there but suddenly 2 big guys dragged me inside. I tried to scream but they cover my mouth and I tried to kick but they got me good.

They threw away my bag and my phone. They dragged me and scanned me if something attach to me or not. They taped my mouth and pushed me inside after scanning me.

I was scared at hell and my body's shaking. They brought me inside and my eyes widen to see Kevin's dead body on the floor. He's really dead.. The 2 big guys pushed me until I fell down to the floor. I ran to Kevin and yes.. he's dead. My breath got hitch and I took off the tape from my mouth. Who killed him?

"I assume you're Kevin's friend.. slash.. Matthew's girlfriend?" Suddenly a man in his 50s or 60s walked in. His hair already turned grey and he has a lot of wrinkles on his face.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"His dad." My eyes widen.

"You killed your own son?"

"Well.. yes."

"You're crazy, he's your son!"

"Well.. not exactly my son. Apparently my ex-wife lied to me that he's our son." He scoffed coldly.

"You killed my parents!"

"Well.. that's not my fault. He was the one who choose to keep the case. He knew he will never win but still.. he thought that there's a miracle for him."

"Why are you bringing me here? My parents died and Kevin too.." I said sadly and teared up.

"Well.. Still dumb as ever. You're here so I can lure your precious boyfriend, Matthew Lemiere here along with Nicholas Lemiere and all the 7 Gold Lifes."

"One, Matthew is not my boyfriend.. so you pick the wrong girl."

"Oh really? Then explain me why he put 3 detector on you?" He smirked and my breath got hitch. Oh shit! That small detector!

"Do you know that Lemiere is.. a cruel company? Your dad was Nicholas's lawyer."

"But he didn't have any problem with Nicholas.." I hissed and Kevin's dad smirked.

"Oh really? Your dad betrayed him.."

"I don't believe you!" I hissed because I know my dad is not the type of people who will betray someone.

"Oh yes.. Your dad betrayed him. You know that Lemiere has a relation with the government. Your dad dragged Lemiere down for money."

"For money?" I repeated. My dad is not gold digger or will do something for money kinda guy. My grandmother told me a lot about him and my mom so I kinda know a lot more.

"So what's with you and Lemiere?"

"Well.. they destroyed me along with your parents an-"

"You said my parents betrayed him?" I cut him and he laughed.

"You talk too much.." He took out his phone and called someone. He showed me the screen and it's Matthew's voice. I gulped and then lowered my voice. I don't want him to get hurt even though he's cruel sometimes.. I turned to see Kevin's body and gulped nervously. I was shaking.

"Hello."

"Speak!" Kevin's dad mouthed.

"Hello." I lowered my voice and Kevin's dad's eyes widen. He slapped me hard and I kept my mouth close.

"Hello.. who is this?" Kevin's dad kicked me right on my stomach making me scream in pain.

"Scarlette?" My eyes widen when he recognized my voice.

"Ask for help." Kevin dad's mouth and I shook my head.

"Why are you calling me with this phone number?"

"I borrowed my friend's phone and I just wanted to tell you that my gr-" Kevin dad's kicked my stomach again.

"Let me handle this." My eyes widen to see Erica walked into the picture. She smirked and slapped me again. Suddenly Matthew ended the call and I sighed. Suddenly Erica pulled my hair making me stand up.

"You bitch!" She hissed and pushed me to the wall.

"You traitor!" I kicked her stomach and she slapped and kicked me right away. She dragged my body by my hair.

"Erica! I never thought you will be like this!" I said.

"Well.. keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Ever heard of that?" She laughed in a bitchy way.

"Oh and.. this.. is or seducing the love of my life." She pulled me up and kicked my ribs. My back kissed the wall and I fell down. She kicked me again until I coughed blood out from my mouth.

"Well.. Any last words for Matthew? I'll make sure that he will hear it."

"Fuck you!" I hissed and after that I blacked out