Chapter 25 - Closer and Closer

Scarlette Thompson

"Is it real?" Matthew asked Nathan.

"I don't know.. because it's look real but it looks fake at the same time."

"Babe.. You did this before." Joan said to him and linked her arm to him.

"But.. it's.. you know.."

"What?" Joan asked.

"So do you say that.. he's alive?" I asked and they all turned to me.

"Still don't know."

"I'm sorry to ask but.. did you say that you did this before?" I asked and Nathaniel nodded.

"We will find out about that soon." Nathan said.

"I hope so.."

"Okay.. We'll leave first.. and maybe we'll let you know about the details later on." Nathan said as he put his arm around her shoulder.

"See you.. Come on babe.. I'm damn hungry." Joan said and they walked out leaving us alone. I was planning to walk out too because it will be awkward for me and Matthew to be in one room after 'that' happened.

I walked to the door hoping that he won't notice me at all.

"Where do you think you're going? Sit!" He said and I hissed. I cursed myself for being so stupid and walked back to the seat. I sat down and looked at the pictures again.

"What's your real relationship with him?"

"He's just my friend when I'm working at the restaurant, he always fixed he mess that I made." I said truthfully and thank God he's facing another way because I'm currently panicking about what will happen if we talk about the-

"Let's talk about what happen earlier.." He suddenly turned and I looked away trying avoid his gaze. He walked to me and sat on the table in front of me. I looked away and just.. oh my heart.. why are you acting like this? Argh!

"Why are you blushing?" He asked and I cupped my face. My eyes widen and I tried to hide it with my hair. He lifted my head up by holding my chin.

"Look at me.." He said and instead of looking at him.. I closed my eyes.

"Scarlette.." He said in a warning tone.

"No."

"Scarlette.. look at me now." He said and I opened my right eye. I peeked and he gestured me to open my other eye.

"Can we not talk about it?" I asked in a small tone.

"What? Say that clearer and louder."

"Can we not.. uhmm.. talk about this?" I asked and looked straight to his eyes.

"Stand up." He suddenly said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Stand up.." He gestured and I got up from my seat. He suddenly pulled me towards him and circled his arm around my waist. My breath got hitch and my eyes widen.

He looked at me instensely while I'm trying to push him away but he gripped me tighter.

"Mr. Lemiere.." I said trying to push him away.

"You sure full of trouble.. Ms. Thompson." He said making me looked at him straight to his captivating eyes.

"Never in my life that I experience so much trouble in a really short period of time." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Mr. Lemiere.. uhmm.. I think we're not suppos-" Suddenly the door bursted open revealing Archer and Aiden. My eyes widen and pushed Matthew 2 times harder. He let me go and I excused myself to go out.

I walked towards the toilet and looked at myself at the mirror.

"What just happen?" I asked myself  and breathed in a really weird way. I have a heart problem.. I really really have a heart problem. I jumped and screamed in shock when someone walked in. It's just Autumn, she's sweating so bad and damn.. if I'm a guy.. I will find that sexy but too bad I'm not.

"Gosh.. you scared me."

"Sorry.. Sorry." I said and she chuckled.

"You okay? Is Matthew being an asshole today?" She asked as she washed her hands.

"No.. no." I said a little bit suttering.

"Well that's good because he always acts like an asshole." He is one.. uhmm yeah he is a one hot asshole. Wait! What am I thinking?

"He is a one hot asshole." My eyes widen when she said that. I closed my face because that was so embarassing. Can't believe that she heard that.

"So.. still don't know why Kevin died?"

"Still.. No idea."

"There might be a small percentage that he's still alive." Autumn said.

"Why?"

"Nathaniel did that.."

"For what?"

"People wanted to kill him so he already prepared for that day to come." Autumn said.

"Oh.." I nodded stupidly and suddenly she was called to train again. I walked out back to the big meeting room and found Archer and Aiden left. I was planning to go back out when he caught me again.

"Come here.." He gestured me without looking at me. His face was facing the TV's and the case but still nothing.

"Can this be a real murder?" I asked.

"Suddenly interested?" He chuckled.

"He's my friend."

"Yeah.. a friend who almost killed you."

"Funny.. he's still my friend."

"Well you're avoiding him."

"I need time to think okay?" I hissed and my eyes widen when I realize who am I hissing to.

"What kind of excuse is that? I know you still care." He said in a really cold tone.

"He's my friend."

"Friend.. my ass." He hissed and I looked at him disbelief.

"I wish he's still alive.. We promised to-" Suddenly Matthew pinned me to the wall with a really cold expression. He's ready to kill someone with his eyes.

"To what?" He asked in a really cold and mad tone.

"Nothing.."

"Mr. Lemiere.. You can let me go." I said but he leaned closer. So so so close until I closed my eyes.. oh shit but.. but.. I sneezed..

Way the go ruining the moment!