Chapter 20 - Symptoms

Matthew Lemiere

"Stop shaking!" I said and she closed her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lemiere."

"Again!" I said and she sighed deeply.

It's not her who was shaking but I did.

"Sir.. I can't do this." She said and I turned to her and looked straight to her eyes. Shit!

"Take 3 steps back." I said and she took 3 steps back.

No.. this is not happening again. No.. not happening. I turned my body around and looked out the window. I took a really deep breath.

"Cancel it." I told her.

"Oh.. yes.." She squealed and I tried to get myself together. I closed my eyes.

"Thankyou, sir." She said.

"You can leave." I said. After hearing the door closed, I sat down on the nearest chair and looked out the window. This is not happening again.. I know this symptoms very well.

Just like when I fell in love with Cailey.. the symptoms starting to come out one by one. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"You cancel it?" Joan bursted in.

"I have another idea."

"Care to tell me? I left my pile of job for this and then you-"

"Joan.. I'm not in the mood to talk now." I cut her and turned to her. She looked at me shock and I sighed. I gestured her to leave me alone.

"You okay?"

"I'm okay.. Just go." I said and she left the room. I walked out from the room not long after Joan to go back to my own office. I walked to the toilet and washed my face. I looked myself in the mirror.

"Don't repeat the same mistake, Matthew Lemiere." I said to myself and sighed. I walked out from the toilet and bumped into... Scarlette. She already wiped her make up off, tied her hair up again and back with her old clothes that she wears 3 times a week. I know that she only have 2 work clothes.

"Sorry, Mr. Lemiere." She said cheery and I know she felt so relieve about the fact that she doesn't have to seduce Kevin.

Okay.. Matthew.. Let's just let it be for a few days.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lemiere." She repeated and that made me look straight to her eyes.

"Don't contact him for awhile." I said and walked pass her. I walked to the lift when suddenly I bumped into Cailey.

"Shit!" I cursed loudly because that got me good. I closed my eyes trying to get my head back.

"Shit.. Matthew I'm-" Suddenly there's a loud sound of a glass. I turned and walked fast.. again?

"Can you stop getting into trouble?" That got out from my mouth without me knowing.

"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry, Mr. Lemiere. I saw you and Ms. Locason so I don't want to interupt you." She said in a panic tone. She was trying to collect all the glass piece. I rolled my eyes when suddenly I heard she groaned in pain.

"You're a damn fucking trouble, Scarlette." I took her wrist and made her stand up.

"Matthew.." I turned to see Cailey calling me.

"What?"

"Oh.. You need to treat her first." Cailey said as she pointed at Scarlette's finger. I pulled her to the men's toilet and she felt uncomfortable. She looked around worrying when there's no one inside the toilet beside me and her. I put her bleeding finger to the running water.

"Can you stop being a fucking trouble?" I bursted angrily at her and she looked at me with her eyes widen. She was speechless. Her mouth showed me that she wanted to say something but she ended up closing it.

"Mr. Lemiere.. I'm sorry." She said nervously and I sighed. I pushed her hand away and threw a roll of tissue to her. I leaned to the wall and closed my eyes.

"You really need to fix your clumsiness.. You're making me fucking annoy!" I bursted.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lemiere. I won't repeat again." She said in a really sad tone. I sighed big time.

These days, I felt a little weird. It's like.. I have a reason why I go to work but I don't know what or why. I have this thrill feeling inside my heart but I don't know where it came from.

This girl.. Scarlette started to take my attention because of her good works. She might a little bit late in progressing but she's a really good employee. But.. her clumsiness is the number one problem. It's driving me crazy. It's stuck to my mind and it's like her little imperfection made my life a little bit more colorful.

My life always been perfect, so perfect to be exact. I'm smart, talented, well-trained, good looking and just a perfect man. I know that so well that why I felt my life a little dull or started to get boring.

It might be little things but I know it's starting to affect me big time. I'm not always in T I L E office, I run a few division so I have to go down and up to check on everything. But.. everytime I get to go to the T I L E office floor.. I have this thrilling weird feeling.

Every night.. Before I go to sleep.. I realized this symptoms. I know it because it has the same steps when I fell over heels for Cailey. I'm not a type of guy who falls in love as quickly as a lightning bolt. It takes time..

Today.. I saw her looking very beautiful in black dress. She looked really attractive and that got me good. It's nto her who was shaking.. it was me and I kept denying by saying that it was her. I felt a crazy electrifying feeling when she touched me. I can't even look her eyes straight..

Matthew.. You need to get your head straight. These little things didn't mean anything so get your head back.

"Mr. Lemiere.. I'm sorry that I-"

"What's your dream?" I asked cutting her out.

"Pardon?" She asked me disbelief. Of course I was damn stupid for asking what's her dream in a really inappropriate place.

"I said.. what's your dream?" I asked looking straight into her eyes.

"Get into Merlion Art Company." She said and I nodded. I caught her wrist and pulled her out from the toilet. I pulled her to the small kitchen, I took the medical emergency box out from the drawer. I took a bandage and put it on her quickly.

"Thankyou, Mr. Lemiere."

"Go back to work." I said and walked out from there. I walked into a random room and sighed big time.

What were you thinking, Matthew Lemiere?