Chapter 33 - Approval? Not really..

Matthew Lemiere

"Hello.. Erica." I smirked when she saw me as soon as she opened her eyes.

"Mr. Lemiere." She gasped and her eyes widen. She tried to get up from her seat but too bad we tied her up.

"Where do you think you're going?" I said in a really cold tone and she closed her eyes.

"So.. Tell me what did you do to Scarlette? Until.. she's almost dead." I asked and almost choked a little remembering Scarlette's condition.

"I didn't do it, Mr. Lemiere. You-"

"Didn't do it? Well.. you literally gave her a false address to lure her in. So tell me.. how much did Philip pay you?"

"Mr. Lemiere, it's a misunderstanding. You sent me-"

"Don't make excuses, Erica!" I bursted angrily.

"You like her! I hate it! I like you for years.. but you never look at me while you have your eyes on her all the time." She bursted and I laughed.

"Well.. that's so cheap of you. You made me hate you more now."

"Mr. Lemiere.. I- I-"

"Well.. You will be your brother soon." I smirked and her eyes widen.

"No no.. please.. Mr. Lemiere.."

"You know me really well yet you still dare to mess with me. No one messes with me.. Erica. Well.. Prepare to greet your brother again." I smiled sweetly at her and walked out from the room.

I walked into the rest room and found Cailey alone sitting there. She smiled when she saw me and gestured me to sit across her.

"You okay?"

"Do I look okay?" I asked her sarcasticly.

"No.. and I can say that.. You're a wreck."

"Thanks for the compliment, Locason." I hissed coldly and she chuckled.

"Don't let this girl slip, Matthew. I love seeing you like this.."

"What? Weak? Stupid?"

"Yes. The stupid, weak, clumsy and the real Matthew." She said and that made me look up to her.

"We never see that side of you. You're the leader yet you lose control because of one girl. You never lose control before.. you always remain stable and just can take control every situation perfectly." She said and I nodded.

"As you know.. she's in coma now."

"She will wake up soon, Matthew. We all know that." I nodded.

"Now rest.. you need it." She said as she got up from her seat. She walked towards the door.

"The words.. that I told my dad.. about how much painful it was when I lose you.. I wasn't lying." I said and it stopped her from going out.

"I know but.. do you know that you love Scarlette more than you loved me. You got the right girl this time. You never been this weak before and.. I told you that you will get the right girl soon. Well.. You got her now.. don't even think to let her slip again or I will beat you." She said and she walked out. I smiled listening to her statement. I took a really deep breath and leaned my body back to the sofa. I closed my eyes when suddenly my phone rang.

"You're going to be dead.. Scarlette's grandmother was so mad when she learnt her granddaughter is in coma." Crystal said as soon as I picked up the phone.

"I have to face that, I'll be there." I ended the call and got up from my seat. I sighed and walked out from the room. I ran out from the base and drove my car back to the hospital. I gulped nervously and walked inside the hospital.

I stood in fromt of the door, taking a deep breath first before going in but before I can open the door.. Scarlette's grandmother opened it. Her eyes widen and she dragged me it. She hit me with her purse.

"You! Asshole! You! Made! My! Granddaughter! Like! This!" She bursted angrily and cried in place. I hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Thompson. I let my guard down and left her to Toronto. I shou-"

"You! I! Hate! You! When she wakes up.. I won't let her work!" She cried loudly and oh shit!

"Mrs. Thompson.. I wi-"

"No! You should have protect her! She's your employee! I swear! You won't have her as your employee again!" She bursted out and Crystal looked at me sadly.

"Mrs. Thompson.. I will-"

"No! No! I hate you already! I can't believe that you can't protect her! She's my precious mango! I can't live without her!" She cried and I hugged her trying to calm her down.

"Mrs. Thompson.. Matthew was the one who saved Scarlette." Crystal said and I glared at her. It won't help in this situation!

"Really?" Uh?

"Yes, Mrs. Thompson."

"But I still hate you! Don't even think to be close with my granddaughter again!" Oh shit! Are you kidding me?

"I hate you!!" She hissed and pushed me away. I glared at Crystal for that and how am I going to make her grandmother approve me?

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Thompson. I really am.. I kn-"

"Don't touch me! I hate you.. I know that you're handsome but still.. I hate you!"

"Mrs. Thomspon.. I'm sorry.. I beg you don't hate me." That sound so sad. Crystal laughed at me secretly and I eyed her to go out from the room. She chuckled silently and walked out.

"Go away!!! Don't touch me!!!"

"No.. please.. you need to listen to me."

"No! I don't want to listen to you! I hate you already and I won't let my puppy work for you again! She will be at home and I will be the one who work! I can't lose anyone again in my life!"

"I promise you thay you won't lose her, Mrs. Thomspon. I will protect her will all my life and-"

"No!! No!! You will stay out from my granddaughter and done! I hate you!" She hissed coldly.

"Grandmother.. I'm sick!" Our eyes widen when we heard that. We turned to Scarlette and when I was going to walk towards her.. her grandmother pulled me away.

"Don't even dare to be close to my granddaughter.. you handsome annoying child!" What?!

"Scarlette! You-"

"Shut it! I hate you!" Oh boy..