Chapter 35 - Tonight

Matthew Lemiere

"Mr. Lemiere? I mean Matthew.." Scarlette looked at me in shock.

"Why do you always call me that?" I hissed as I closed the door.

"Because you're my boss. I can't help but to call-"

"Scarlette.." He's Bosszoning me again. Can this girl get a hint? That a like her? Gosh.. I can't believe I like this girl in the first place.

"Hmm?" She asked and suddenly she slowly got off the bed. I walked to her in panic.

"Where are you going?" I asked and she pointed at the toilet.

"Hold that.." I pointed at her IV.

"Huh? For what?"

"I'm your boss right?" I asked and she nodded. "Pick that up." I pointed at the IV and she held it. I picked her up bridal style and her eyes widen.

"Mr. Le- I mean.. Matthew, put me down. I'm okay!" She said and I brought her to the toilet. I put her down and she looked at me weirdly.

"What?"

"Thankyou but.. can you get out? I have business to do." She said and right.. I walked out from the toilet and guard her right in front of the door. I waited for her until she opened the door. I turned my body and at the same time she slipped. I caught her in time or else she will..

"Scarlette.." I said in a really can-you-not-be-clumsy-all-the-time tone. I helped her stand up and she smiled to me. Gosh.. look at that face, if she's not in a hospital gown and not in the hospital room.. gosh..

"Thankyou, Matthew. Uh.. it's still weird to call you Matthew not Mr. Lemiere." She said honestly.

"Why? You like calling me Mr. Lemiere more?"

"Well.. not really.. uhmm.. I don't know." She said and suddenly she stopped walking. She linked her arm to mine and walked slowly.

"Thankyou, I can't stop saying thankyou for everything. You saved me and then you paid for this hospital bills. I have a lot of debt to cover. Well if you don't mind, I will pay all of this around 10 years working with you." She said and I can't believe that she's still clueless. I can't believe that I like this girl in the first place. I let out a big sigh.

"Okay fine.. 5 years.. I'll work harder.. okay?" She asked and I looked straight to her eyes.

"Are you that clumsy, dumb, clueless or what?" I asked and she looked at me completely not understand.

"Do you think I will do all this just to make you have a debt with me?" I asked and leaned my face closer to her. Her breath got hicth and she gulped nervously.

"Uhmm.. Maybe." She said and I stood up straight. I closed my eyes and sighed. Suddenly I felt she circled her arms around my hips. She hugged me tightly and I opened my eyes.

"Don't fired me for this.. but thankyou. Thankyou for everything, I won't be alive if you didn't come on time."

"You were dead." I said without thinking.

"Did you cry? Well.. that's a stupid question.. why will you cry?" She asked and answered it by herself. She chuckled and released the hug. I held both of her shoulders and leaned closer to her face.

"What if I-" Suddenly the door bursted open..

"What are you doing here?" Oh shoot!

"Grandmother!" Scarlette covered me up and her grandmother walked towards me. She started to hit me with her grocery bag.

"Mrs. Thompson!"

"I told you not to come here."

"I was the one who called him." Scarlette said and that made her grandmother stop.

"Thankyou." I said.

"Hello.." Suddenly I turned to the door to see Christian? Marco? Lauren? What?!

"Oh.. You're Luke's kids right?"

"What?" I asked disbelief.

"Luke happened to help her when she dropped all of her apples in the middle of the road. She thought that he's so handsome and nice." Scarlette said and I looked at her disbelief.

"Grandmother." Christian said and hugged her. I looked at my friends disbelief. Lauren brought apples and Marco brought some food.

"You out! I hate you!" She turned to me and caught my wrist. She dragged me out and closed the door in front my face.

"I will take care of this.." Christian peeked.

"You're so dead!" I hissed.

"Get lost!" Scarlette's grandmother said. I sighed and walked out from the hospital. Well.. at least I know that Scarlette's okay. I looked at the watch and saw that it's lunch time.

I decided to call my mom..

"Mom.."

"Hey Matthey.."

"Don't call me that." I hissed.

"I'm having lunch with your dad, wanna join? We just arrived."

"Nah.. I'm not in the mood to talk to dad." I said honestly because he's acting like a kid lately.

"Matthew, let's have lunch together okay? As a family? I'll ask your brothers and sister to come." She said in a begging tone.

"Fine."

"Okay good, I'll send you the location honey." She ended the call and I walked to the car. I got inside and started the car.. I was going to drive out when suddenly Scarlette stopped me. My eyes widen to see this girl standing in front of my car preventing me to go.

"Are you crazy? It's dangerous!" I hissed as I got out from the car.

"I'm sorry about my grandmother."

"Well.. it's understandable." I said as I walked to her. She smiled to me and I raised my eyebrows.

"Why are you running out here? Miss me already?" I asked joking.

"Well.. I've always miss you everyday so.. yeah but the reason that I ran out here is because.." She suddenly pulled my tie making me closer to her. She kissed my cheek.

"Thankyou.. for everything." She said.

"What? That's it."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing.." I hissed.

"You may go.." She gestured my car.

"You're unbelievable." I looked at her disbelief.

"I always am.. so.. go!" She said and I nodded. I walked towards the car when suddenly she said..

"My grandmother will go home tonight and stay at home.. I was hoping that you can stay with me for tonight." She said and that made me turn to her.

"Well.. I guess.. I'll see you tonight?"

"Good to hear that."