Chapter 21 - Safe

Scarlette Thompson

I closed the door of my office and walked to the lift. Today has been a really tiring day. I need to sleep and just.. rest. After arriving at the lobby, I walked out from the lift and walked out from the building.

"Are you avoiding me?" I jumped and turned my head to the side to see Kevin.

"Hey Kevin." I tried to smile even though I know it came out so fake.

"Hey Scarlette.. I see you didn't reply my messages or calls or everything." He said and he looked at me seriously.

"I was busy.. I'm sorry."

"Have a dinner with me then." He said.

"I'm sorry, I already promised my grandmother that I will come home and have dinner with her. How about lunch tomorrow?" I asked. I don't want to be with him at night time.. I have a bad feeling for it.

"Did Matthew tell bad things about me?" He asked and I chuckled awkwardly.

"Why would I do that?" I turned my head to see Matthew standing a few meters behind me.

"Because she's not the type of person who will do that." Kevin said in a really cold tone.

"Kevin, I'm busy. How can you not understand that? The store will open soon and you think I have time to-"

"Why do you want to meet her so bad? You like her?" Matthew cut me and my eyes widen. Is my boss stupid?

"Why are you so interest in her anyway?" Kevin asked Matthew back. Matthew scowled.

"Why are you acting like this?" I walked closer to Kevin and looked at him seriously.

"You lied to me about your identity, you make me like a fool! Are you still expecting me to be nice to you?" I bursted angrily at him when suddenly Matthew took my wrist. He pulled me back inside the building. He dragged me downstairs to the basement and gestured me to get inside his car.

"Mr. Lemiere, where are we going?"

"Just get inside." He bursted angrily and I jumped a little bit. I got inside his sports car and he got inside too. He started the car and drove out from the building.

"You should be nice to him.. not bursting like that." He said.

"I can't be fake nice to him. I just can't. His family ruined my life."

"That's the perks of being a lawyer.. That's the risk." He said and I turned to him.

"He wants justice that's it."

"Do you think everyone in this world is nice? This world is damn evil, Scarlette. It's 1 againts a lot of people." He said and I sighed.

"Easy for you to say.. You have money to begin with to control people, my family? Not really." I hissed coldly not caring that he's my boss.

"Yeah.. You have money and you use it for something stupid. You have enough money for yourself but why gave it to charity.. Do you even know that the charity that you donated was fake?" My eyes widen.

"How did you know? Oh right.. You have money to check my background."

"I just found out that your dad was my dad's lawyer." He said and my eyes widen.

"What? What did you say?"

"My dad has a lot of secret lawyers to help him with a lot of things.. Your dad was one of them." He parked his car on the side.

"So does it mean that because of my dad was your dad's lawyer.. They killed him?"

"We still observing that." He sighed and I took my bag. I was planning to get out from his car but he locked it. He held my arm preventing me to go.

"Let me drop you to your house."

"I need time alone, Mr. Lemiere." I unlocked the door and got out from his car. I walked alone with tears in my eyes. I need to know why and who killed my parents. I can't believe that Lemiere has to do with this.

I walked into a random bar instead of going home, I messaged my grandmother that I will stay at my friends house to do my project. I ordered the strongest drink for tonight because I know that I need it.

"You okay?" I jumped a little and turned to the side to see Crystal Lemiere.

"Ms. Lemiere.. I-"

"Just call me Crystal." She smiled and ordered drink too.

"I'm sorry, Crystal. I really can't deal wi-" I was going to walk away when I saw Kevin at the door. He was damn mad. Crystal got off from her seat and walked to Kevin. She gestured me with her finger to stay in place. Suddenly Crystal punched Kevin and kicked him right to his jewels. She kicked his stomach and people were starting to wonder what happen.

"He insulted me and tried to force me to have sex with him." Crystal announced to people and Kevin was unconsious. Crystal gestured me to follow her out and I ran to her.

"You really need to becareful with him." Crystal stated and gestured me to get inside her car.

"Did Mr. Lemiere tell you that I was there?"

"Yeah.. He got something to do. So he sent me." She said and I nodded. She dropped me home and wanted to make sure that everything is clear by going to my apartment.

"Hey.. I thought you will come home late or staying at your friend's house and who is this beautiful girl?"

"She's my boss-"

"No. I'm Crystal Lemiere, Scarlette's friend." Crystal cut me and smiled.

"Come in! Have you eat dinner yet?"

"Not yet, Mrs. Thompson." Crystal walked inside and I sighed.

"Great! Wait here and I'll cook something for you two." She smiled and Crystal sat down on the sofa. She looked around my apartment.

"I'm sorry if you're uncomfortable. It's really small."

"It's cozy.. I like it." She smiled to me.

"Don't tell my grandmother about the situation okay?" I said begging her.

"I won't, don't worry." She said.

"Can you come with me to my bedroom? I need to talk you." I asked and she nodded. We walked inside my bedroom and I gestured her to sit on my bed.

"Is it true that my dad was one of your dad's lawyers?"

"Matthew told you already?"

"Just please answer the question." I said.

"Yes.. Apparently but I don't know if he's still working with my dad at that time or not because if you work for the government.. you can't have ties with other people. He was my dad's lawyer but I don't think when your dad took the case, he was still working with my dad."

"What is Kevin want from me?"

"That's what we're trying to solve right now.." Suddenly my phone rang and I took it out from my phone. It's Matthew.

"Pick it up." She smiled and she walked out from my room.

"Hello."

"You're not safe there.. Go with Crystal later."

"I can't leave my grandmother alone!"

"I know. I will send guards to watch her, don't worry. If you're still there.. she won't be safe."

"I don't have any place besides my apartment."

"Just go with her, Scarlette." He ended the call.