Chapter 12 - Quit T I L E

Scarlette Thompson

"I don't want to talk to you!" I hissed as I pushed Kevin's grip away from my hands.

"Scarlette.. I said don't touch it!" Matthew bursted angrily and I ignored him and still trying to take care the scattered vase on the floor. Kevin pulled me up making me stand up and pulled me away.

"Kevin!" I hissed.

"We need to talk." He said and dragged me into a room.

"I don't want to talk to you!"

"Scarlette please.. Let me explain." He begged and I shook my head. I walked out from the room again and bumped into Matthew along the way. I said sorry and walked to the scattered vase.

When I kneeled down to take care of it, someone grabbed my wrist and I turned to see Matthew looked at me coldly.

"Come with me." He said in a really serious tone. He looked at me seriously and pulled me up making me stand up. He pulled me towards the meeting room earlier. He gestured me to stand up.

"What's your relationship with Kevin? How do you even know him?" He asked in a mocking tone and I looked down not dare to look at him because he's my boss and I don't want to get fired.

"I worked in a restaurant before as a waitress and the washing dish girl and Kevin was my manager."

"Him.. your manager? That doesn't make any sense. He and I almost in the same level. Why would he be your manager? I think you're delusional." He said in it-doesn't-make-sense tone.

"I know, Mr. Lemiere. But he did work there and lied to me about he's identity."

"You don't know him? How can you not identify him from the start?"

"I'm sorry to say this sir but I don't even know who you are or who 7 Gold Lifes are. I just knew about you all after my interview with T I L E." I sighed and I heard he scowled.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"You can go.. Make the design that I want. Tomorrow is the deadline." He said and I nodded. I got up from my seat and walked out from the meeting room.

"Scarlette." I looked up to see Kevin and he looked at me sadly.

"I don't want to talk to you." I said.

"Mrs. Beckervil." He said and I stopped walking.

"You helped her right? She's my grandmother." He said and I turned to him disbelief.

"How is she now?"

"She passed away." I closed my mouth with the both of my hands and my eyes started to water.

"I was so thankful that you brought her into the hospital right in time. Thankyou for caring about her even though she was hard to reach." He said and tears came out from my eyes. Kevin held my hand and pulled me into the nearest room.

"I'm doing this because she asked me to pay you back. She really likes you because you're really a kind hearted girl.. you never complain about your work, money or this life. You always cherish it and try to make people around you happy. You're selfless, you're strong and you're a really great girl. She told me a lot about you." He said.

"When did she pass away?"

"3 months ago."

"But you.."

"She told me about you and send me to watch you. She didn't want you to know about the fact that she passed away. She knew that you will be sad."

"But you shouldn't have lie." I said as tears came out from my eyes.

"I know.. I'm sorry but it will be hard for me to reach you if I come like this." I cried and he suddenly hugged me. He hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry Scarlette."

"Thankyou for reaching my grandmother and bring her to the hospital just in time. Thankyou.. if you didn't bring her.. she already died long time ago." Kevin said as he hugged me tigher and patted my back.

"Why didn't you tell me the truth?" I asked sobbing.

"Because you'll hate me.. and it was hard to approach you at first so I need to jump down and be a manager so I can talk to you." He said and I nodded. I stopped crying and he calmed me down. We walked out together and suddenly he stopped me by holding my wrist.

"Scarlette.."

"Hmm?" I turned to him.

"Can you quit working with Matthew?" He asked and I looked at him disbelief.

"I've prepared you a design job in my company. I'll pay you double and this.." He took out his phone and looked for something. He showed me something and my eyes widen.

"No.. I can't take it." I shook my head.

"You have to take it.. it's her words." Kevin's grandmother wanted to give me a really big amount of money as a thankyou. Not only money but a car and an apartment. I can't receive it.. it's too muh.

"No.. I'm sorry Kevin. I don't want to receive that. I helped your grandmother sincere. I don't need you or her to pay me back." I said and he sighed.

"How about you work for me?"

"I'm sorry.. I'm comfortable in T I L E. I mean even sometimes my boss is grumpy but I really comfortable."

"But Scarle-"

"I got in there because of me.. if I get into your company it's because of you not because of my own hardwork." I cut him and he nodded.

"Can we talk another time? I need to process everything in my head." I said honestly to him.

"Okay.. but please don't hate me and answer my call when I call you." He said and I nodded weakly. He walked away and I sighed. I walked towards the window and looked out to the beautiful scenery.

"Grumpy?" I jumped to see Matthew standing beside me.

"Mr. Lemiere.. I didn't mean and I-"

"Good choice for not leaving T I L E, Ms. Thompson." He said and then he turned his body around. He walked away leaving me in shock.