Chapter 13 - Crazy Man

Matthew Lemiere

"I want you find out more about Kevin Kard and his family. Especially about Mrs. Beckervil and her relation with Scarlette Thompson." I said to my private investigator.

"Yes sir. Anything else?"

"Everything about Scarlette Thompson."

"Roger that, sir."

"Good.. Send it to me soon." I said and ended the call. I zipped up my running jacket and ready to run. I put on my earphone and walked out from my hotel room. It's 10 p.m but I can't sleep so I decided to go for a run and a stroll around the city.

I walked down to the lobby and walked out from the hotel when suddenly I remembered something. I called my private investigator again.

"James.."

"Yes sir.. Do you need anything else?"

"Find something that I can do to control Kard Ventora." I said.

"Sir.. Kard-"

"Just do what I said!" I bursted because I felt something not right with Kevin.

"Find a way to control Kard Ventora and send it to me right away." I said and ended the call. I called Dylan too.

"Hey bro."

"Find a way to control Kard Ventora."

"Dude.. What for?"

"I asked James to find a way to control that company and I want you to make a deal. I want you to do or buy whatever they offer."

"Matthew.. Are you crazy? What for?" He asked.

"James will get all the information tomorrow and I want you to go make a deal. Try to get the price down and pay it."

"What for? Why do you want to control thatcompany?"

"Don't ask.. Just do it." I ended the call. I called Morris too and waited for him to answer.

"Hello." It's Autumn.

"Give the phone to Morris."

"Geez.. Okay."

"Hey Matt, what's up?"

"You know Ventora has a relation with Castelo right?" I asked.

"Yeah.. I know. They have a design company build together." Morris answered and I smirked.

"But that share from Castelo under your name and I'll pay you later."

"For what?" Morris asked confuse.

"Just do it.. Do it without your dad and my dad knowing."

"Dude.. At least you need to tell me why."

"Buy it first and then I'll let you know. Try to get the price down first and buy it. I want Castelo to shut up about this. Pay him too and put him under your watch." I said seriously.

"You know this will cost a lot."

"And you care? We have billions in case you forgot." I hissed and ended the call. I called Archer and this will be my last call.

"Hey Matthew, how's Italy?"

"Listen to me.."

"Okay."

"Ventora has a good relation with Montle right?" I asked.

"Yeah.. Why?"

"Make a deal with Montle, find something to make a deal Montle and make him trust you."

"For what?"

"Just do it.. I give the money to you and put it under my name secretly."

"For what Matthew?" He asked curiously.

"I'll talk to you amd Morris about this later on at the base after I get back from Italy."

"You're there with Ventora right?"

"Yes.. along with others."

"I'll do it but you owe me a lot of explaination."

"Deal."

"Okay." I ended the call and put my phone back to my pocket. My eyes caught Scarlette walking across the road. I looked at my iWatch and it's 10.34 already. What is she doing outside?

I ignored her and walked the opposite way. I started my run around the block and the park. My eyes caught Scarlette sitting on the bench at the park alone. She was wearing a big hoddie with big training pants. She was listening to a music and doing somethig with her laptop. I decided to walk to her.

I sat beside her and still her attention was still to her laptop. I looked at her laptop disbelief. It's like old laptop and there's bumps everywhere. I'm guessing because of her clumsiness. I looked at the design that she design on her laptop and I can say that I'm quite impress.

I took the laptop from her and she gasped. She looked at me in shock. She took of her earphone.

"Mr. Lemiere."

"I like this but I don't like this details.. it's too girly." I said.

"I'll fix that later sir."

"And why are you here?" I asked without looking at her.

"Making this." She said in a duh tone. Why am I so stupid for asking that?

"Here." I gave her laptop back and got up.

"Don't even try to leak any information to Kevin about our design and everything." I said and she looked up to me nodding.

"Good." I said and walked away. I continued my run and walked back to the hotel after that. Suddenly my phone rang and it's Daniel.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Are you crazy?"

"Just do it." I hissed.

"It's not easy."

"I don't care Daniel.. Just do it."

"You're crazy, what is this for anyway?" He asked.

"I'll tell you all when I get back."

"No.. I want know now because this is crazy and it will cost a lot of money."

"We can earn that money again."

"Matthew! Are you out of your mind? We have a really good relationship with Ventora and you want to ruin that?"

"I don't care if I will ruin it.. Just do as I say." I ended the call and walked inside.

Yeah Matthew.. you're a one crazy man.