Chapter 17 - Back to Reality

Scarlette Thompson

"Scarlette and Olive, come to my office." Matthew said and I nodded. He left first and I turned my head to Olive.

"I'm nervous."

"Me too.." Olive here is really a nive girl.. I like Olive more than Tina. Tina is a flirty kind of type.

We both walked to Matthew's office ready to presentate our newest design for the hoddie. Me and Olive worked together yesterday until 3 a.m to make this design and we both quite like it. We made 6 different designs for this and I hope he likes it because we keep the design simple but edgy.

"Presentate.." He said and there's Brandon Lemiere inside his office too. I gulped nervously and can't help but so so so nervous.

Olive started the presentation first and then I continued her. I'm so nervous and I kept looking at Matthew's expression along the way because last time I submitted my designs.. he doesn't like it and I ended up staying all night fixing it.

"What do you think?" Matthew asked Brandon.

"I like he 1,5,3 and 4." Brandon said.

"Go back to 5." Matthew said as he looked at the screen. I showed him the fifth one and they both looked at it. They gestured me to show them the next design.

Suddenly Brandon's phone rang and he gestured Matt that he will go. Brandon excused himself and we both smiled. Suddenly someone knocked the door and it's Ms. Copper.

"Can I have Olive for a moment?" She asked and Matthew gestured Olive to go.

"What do you think sir?" I asked him and he gestured me to come to him. He's pointing at my laptop and I ran to him. Suddenly I tripped a cable.. oh shit.

I closed my eyes because I know my face will kiss the floor sooner or later.

"Scarlette." My eyes widen when I felt a heartbeat in my hand. Oh shit..

"I'm sorry, sir." I squealed in panic.

"Get off me." He said and yes.. I brought Matthew with me when I fell. I don't know okay?! Don't judge me!

"Oh right.." I got up but pressing his chest.

"Scarlette! God damn it!" He groaned in pain.

"I'm so so sorry.. I'm so so sorry sir." I said as I got up. I put my hand in front of him to help him get up but he got up by himself.

"You and your clumsy act!" He hissed at me coldly and I looked down.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Come here.." He said gesturing me to look at the laptop. Suddenly I'm out of breath.. gosh Matthew smells so nice and I can feel those build chest earlier.

"Scarlette! Do you hear me?" He asked and I turned to him. I smacked my head for being an idiot. I literally just daydreaming about my boss in front of my boss.

"Yes sir."

"What did I say?" He asked and I turned my head to him. He was already looking at me coldly.

"Uhmm.."

"You sure a really-"

"I'm sorry sir." I said cutting him and my eyes widen.

"Sir I didn't mean to cut you but I-"

"Listen to me!" He hissed and gestured me to look at the laptop. 

"I like this design but I don't want this colour to be in the hoodie, it's too flashy." He said and I nodded. I felt something crawling on my leg and I scratched it secretly and it felt weird so I looked down.

"Oh my gosh!!!" I screamed in horror and jumped. I smacked away the spider off from my knee and sighed.

"Scarlette!" I turned my head to see that I jumped on Matthew's lap. I gasped in horror and got up as soon as I can.

"Sir.. I'm so sorry. I really am." I said and I smacked my head.

"You're really something." He hissed coldly.

"I'm really sorry sir.. I didn't mean to but that spider was- Okay I'll shut my mouth." I gestured him by pretending to zip my mouth. He sighed and turned to the laptop again.

"Try out this text on the arms." He pointed and I nodded.

"You get it?" He asked and he turned to me.

"Yes sir."

"Repeat.." He said and I gulped nervously.

"You want me to try out to move this text to the arms side and erase this color." I repeated and he nodded.

"Good." He said and at the same time.. my phone rang. I took it out and planned to turn it off but Matthew took it away from me.

"Take it.." He showed me Kevin's name on the screen.

"But sir.."

"Take it."

"But I don't-"

"Trust me and take it!" He hissed coldly at me and I nodded. I answered the call and pressed the speaker mode.

"Hey."

"Hey Scarlette, how are you doing?" He asked.

"Good." I said in a really flat tone. How can I be nice to the person who killed my parents?

"Let's eat lunch together.."

"No-" Matthew gestured me to go and I looked at him disbelief.

"No?"

"Sorry.. My friend was asking if she wanted a coffee.. Yeah- yeah the lunch.. okay.. okay." I said in a little bit panic and Matthew was gesturing me to calm down.

"Yeah? Okay then.. I'll pick you up at 1."

"1? Lobby?" Matthew facepalmed himself.

"Yes. I'll go there." I said.

"Good.. see you in 1 hours." He said and I ended the call. I took a really deep breah.

"Sir.. How am I to face him? He's my parent's killer!" I said in a realyl careful tone.

"I'm going to guide you.. Don't worry."