Chapter 31 - Dead or Alive?

Matthew Lemiere

"Got anything?"

"We're tracking the signal again.. It's around west side of Time Square." Archer answered.

"Go to the right." Autumn said and I turned to the right.

"Team Alpha go there!" My dad commanded.

"Christian.. Cover the back." Sebastian said to Christian.

"Aiden go prepare for shootting." Max said and sent him the location. I parked my car near there and it's like an old small factory place. I took 2 guns from my car and got out from the car without any protection. I turned my head to the building to see Aiden gave me an 'okay' signal.

I put on the invisible earpiece and walked to the place slowly.

"Give me one million dollar and I'll give the girl back." He said through a loud speaker. I won't fall for that trap, I know what he's doing.

"Don't even fall for that, Matthew Lemiere." My dad warned. I turned to the leader of Team Alpha and gave him a small nod. I kicked the door and started shooting. I shot all of his guards and people. I covered myself to the nearest wall. I reloaded my gun and gestured my team not to throw a grenade because we never know where Scarlette is.

"Matthew! Let me give you a choice.. Give me 1 millio-"

"Why? Because you cannot access the money?" I cut him.

"Fucker! Give me the money or your girl will die."

"Scarlette!" I called and I just need to hear her voice to make sure that she's okay.. but there's no answer.

"She got Scarlette, Matt. She's on the right side of the building.. laying down on the ground.. she looked lifeless." Aiden said and that got me good. I gestured one of my team go give me their guns.

I walked in and shoot the people and suddenly there's a grenade came towards us. I ran to it and kept shooting at the people. I arrived on the other side with burns on my hand and cheek. I groaned in pain silently.

"You're crazy!" Aiden hissed.

I saw someone aiming their gun for me and I cursed under my breath to see some people ready to shoot me. Suddenly they were shot and I smirked knowing Aiden got my back.

"Got you.. go!" Aiden said.

"We're ready at the back." Christian said.

"I'm here too.. in case you need another back up.. brother." My brother, Brandon said. I got up and ran down stairs to the basement and shot 4 other people along the way.

"Where is she?"

"Basement, right side of the building." I looked around when suddenly someone punch me hard. My gun was thrown away and I turned to see Philip and his 3 other men.

My team came down just in time but Philip punched me again. My eyes landed on the body that laid on the other side of the room. My eyes widen to see Scarlette laying down there with blood all over her body and unconscious. That got me good. I got up and fought Philip and his other 3 men.

The Alpha team shot the 3 men leaving me with Philip. I punched him, kicked him, strangled him and just finishing him without words. I was mad.. so raging mad until I can't control my emotion anymore. There's no mercy for Philip, he kidnapped Scarlette and abused her.

I groaned in pain when I punched him full power with my burned hand. I knocked down Philip but he's not dead yet. I ran towards Scarlette..

"Scarlette.. Scarlette!" I tried to move her to see if she's conscious but none. I tried to find her pulse but nothing.

"Call the ambulance!" I bursted in rage. I picked her up and ran upstairs and put her down again. I tried to do a CPR on her but it's not working. Suddenly I heard a lot of shooting again inside but my eyes were set on Scarlette.

"Scarlette.. come on.. wake up!" I tried to do a CPR on her again.

"Scarlette!!!!" I screamed in agony hoping that she can wake up.

"Please.. please.. please.. Scarlette." I cried.

"I'm sorry.. Scarlette please.. I'm sorry.. please!!!!!" I begged and tried to the CPR on here again. Suddenly an ambulance came and picked her up. I got into the ambulance with her. They put an IV on her and tried to scan her pulse.

She's in a really critical condition..

"Scarlette.. please.."

"Scarlette!!!!!" I cried in horror to see there's no pulse showed on the screen.

"No.. no.." Suddenly someone crashed the ambulance, I got up seeing Philip crashing his car to the ambulance. That got me good.. for good. I ran to him and pulled him out from the car. Suddenly a helicopter came and I tured to see my dad along with Alex.

I fougth Philip again until he's unconscious. My dad shot him a few times and he gestured me to take Scarlette to the helicopter. I nodded and ran to the ambulance. Alex helped me to bring Scarlette. There a few doctors and nurse inside the helicopter. They brought a few medical helps for her and we flew away towards the nearest hospital.

"No.. no please." I begged because there were no pulse earlier.

"She will be okay.." My dad held my shoulders trying to calm me down.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lemiere but Ms.  Thompson is de-"

"No one can say that she's dead!!!!!!" I bursted angrily at him and cried in horror.

"Matthew! Get in your sense!" My dad said and I hissed.

"She's alive dad!! Try it again!!" I turned to the doctor and they nodded. They tried to find her pulse again but still.. there's no pulse.

"No.. Scarlette!! No no.. please!! I'm sorry!!!!" I bursted crying and held her hand tightly.

"Please.. I'm sorry!!!! Scarlette!!!! Pleaseeeeee!!!" I screamed crazily..

Little did I know.. The screen started to show a little pulse...