Chapter 26 - What's With Him

Scarlette Thompson

"Bye grandma! I'm late!" I said as I rushed running to the door.

"There's a mail for you!" She ran to me bringing me the mail and I put it into my bag. I kissed her cheek and ran out from my apartment. I literally took a taxi straight to the office. I went up to my office and looked at my watch. Thank God.. I still have 3 minutes left.

"Hey.. can you give me the draft?" Tina said and I nodded. I took everything out from my bag and looked for the draft. I gave the file to her and started to work again.

I started to make a sketch when suddenly Erica bursted into our office.

"Meeting.. now." She said and I rushed to take my file to presentate. Tina walked out first and I followed her. Oh shoot! I forgot to bring my USB. I ran back to my office to get it. I ran back when suddenly I bumped into.. ohh.. Brandon Lemiere.

"You need to becareful." He smiled sweetly, gosh.. he's so dreamy.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lem-"

"Meeting!!!!" Matthew bursted.

"Thankyou and sorry, Mr. Lemiere." I ran to the meeting room. I avoided to make an eye contact with Matthew because.. everything changes since the kiss and you know..

"Tina start.." I sat beside Tina and I pretended to be busy with my file. I felt my face burning and I knew Matthew was looking at me.

"No.. You sit.. Scarlette.. you start first." My eyes widen and I looked up to Matthew and he smirked. He gestured me to go presentate. I got up and walked towards the computer. I plugged my USB and opened the file.

"Good morning everyone." I smiled to everyone besides Matthew, I gulped nervously and started my presentation.

"I did a lot of research about the trends these days and found out that street style currently take over the young people's fashion trend. Gigi Hadid, Taylor Hill, Selena Gomez, Lele Pons and a lot more. So I made these designs.. to fit the young people these days." I showed the designs.

"I realize that a lot of brands these days starts to pay young famous artist to be their brand ambassador. Just like Gigi Hadid x Maybeline, we can use that strategy too to get people's attention. As for be promotion in America, we can use famous youtubers, instagram influencer and famous artist. And as for Asia.. we can use famous musician from every country.. like the most famous boygroup these days that successfully take America these days.. We have BTS, EXO, Seventeen or famous actors these days.. We have Joe Taslim and other more." I presentated more and more but never made an eye contact with Matthew. I was shaking too..

"Good job." Eden said and I smiled. Now it's time for the others to presentate and we're done.. we started to discuss about the designs with other people form the T I L E team.

The team liked my idea and Tina's idea. They agreed to use my design alone with Tina but Eden's idea of fabric. They will process and see the result in 2 weeks. Matthew announced that the first round of selling quite a success so we will have a celebration tomorrow at Hastington's buffet restaurant. Well.. that's exciting.

After the meeting finish, I walked back to my office and continued to work.

"Scarlette.. Mr. Lemiere is looking for you." I gulped when Erica said that and I nodded.

"You better go.." Eddy said and yes Eddy came to my office to discuss something with Tina.. which more like hitting on her.

"Yeah." I said and I got up from my seat. I walked out from my office and walked to Matthew's office. I stood in front of his door and closed my eyes. Oh how am I going to face him.. This is stupid.. okay?!

"You okay?" I jumped and turned my body to see Brandon. I smiled and nodded.

"You're going in right?" He asked and I nodded. He pushed the door and gestured me to go in.

"What took you so long? Di- Why are you here together?" Matthew looked up to us.

"Ohh.. You hate to see me here?" Brandon joked and I chuckled.

"What do you want? Why are you laughing?" He asked Brandon and then turned to me.

"Nothing.." I said.

"I need you to sign this." Brandon walked to him and put a file in front of him.

"So.. is he being grumpy a lot?" Brandon asked me and smiled. Oh gosh.. I like that smile a lot.

"Here! Go and get lost!"

"Yes.. I mean no.. no.. no at all." I answered and smacked my head.

"You're kinda cute." My eyes widen and squealed inside.

"Get out Brandon Lemiere! I have business to do with Ms. Thompson.." Matthew hissed.

"I'll see you around." Brandon smiled and walked out. My eyes followed him dreamy.

"Don't even think about it.." Matthew said and I turned to him. I walked to him but looking at the ground.

"You called me, Mr. Lemiere?" I asked.

"Am I invisible to you?" He asked.

"No, Mr. Lemiere."

"And why didn't you make an eye contact with me earlier and even now? Is it because the kiss?" He asked straight to the point.

"Oh no, Mr. Lemiere. I was just nervous because there's a lot of people."

"Oh really? Well there's no one here.. yet you still can't look at me." I hissed at myself and looked up slowly. Matthew raised his eyebrows and looked at me amuse.

"You did a good job today." He smiled and my heart betrayed me right away. I smacked my chest and Matthew looked at me disbelief.

"You okay?"

"Thanks for the compliment, Mr. Lemiere. Anything else?" I asked even though I chocked a little bit.

"Don't even think about hitting on Brandon.." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Huh?"

"Hitting on him.." He said and I chuckled.

"Why would I? I won't hit on your brother, Mr. Lemiere." I smiled awkwardly.

"I'll be watching.." He said in a warning tone.

"Don't worry sir, I know he's not my level." I smiled and excused myself out. Geez.. what's with him today?