Chapter 34 - Our Son

Scarlette Thompson

I opened my eyes because of the loud voices. I breathed heavily and stil can't believe that there's someone argueing in the room. My head hurts and I recognized my grandmother's voice.

"Grandmother.. I'm sick!" They stopped and at last..

"Don't even dare to be close to my granddaughter.. you handsome annoying child!" Huh?

"Scarlette! You-"

"Shut it! I hate you!" Uh?

"Scarlette! My pumpkin pie.. I'm so glad that you're okay." My grandmother held my hand and suddenly someone bursted the door.

"Ms. Thompson, we're going to check your body." The doctor said and I nodded. They took off the oxygen cover from my mouth and started to check on me.

"It's incredible that you were in coma and less in one day.. you wake up." The doctor said.

"From now on, you cannot work. I will work-"

"Grandmother." I stopped her because my head hurted.

"Okay I'm sorry." She said and suddenly my eyes caught Matthew. He looked at me with a really unreadable expression. His face looked so tired. I smiled weakly at him and he just looked at me with his blank expression.

"All good.. you need a lot of rest. The wounds will heal fully around 2 months so please don't do a lot of work."

"Thankyou." I said to the doctor weakly and he left along with the nurses.

"Grandmother, I'm hungry. Can you buy me something?" I turned to my grandmother and she looked at me suspicious.

"Please.." I begged and she nodded weakly. She walked towards the door and glared at Matthew.

"Grandmother.." I said weakly because I need to recharge my energy. I felt so weak right now and all of my body hurted a lot.

"Hey." I turned to Matthew and he sat on the seat beside my bed. He looked at me confuse and gulped nervously. What's with this man?

"You okay?" I asked.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" He asked and I raised my eyebrows.

"Mr. Lemiere, I-"

"Don't call me that!" He hissed and my eyes widen.

"Sorry.. I didn't mean to.." He apologized right away.

"Thankyou." I said and he looked at me blankly.

"For what?"

"I bet you're the one who rescued me."

"No." He said and huh? Who saved me then?

"I'm kidding.. Of course I'm the one who saved your ass.. who else? Don't tell me that you're hoping for someone else."

"Kevin's dead."

"I know, I saw his body." He said.

"Yeah.. I should have hear him out." I said and he glared at me. I swear my boss hit his head somewhere.

"Times out! You go away!" Suddenly my grandmother bursted the door and gestured Matthew to get out.

"Mrs. Thompson, I can look after Sca-"

"No ones looks after my mango except me!" My grandmother hissed.

"Granny.." I called.

"Get out!"

"Granny.."

"Mrs. Thompson, I ne-"

"I hate you so get out from my puppy's room and never comeback!" I can't believe that she's kicking my boss out.

"Grandmother! He's my boss!"

"Boss?" Matthew turned to me disbelief. What's wrong with my statement?

"I don't care if he's your boss or not.. The thing is that you're hurted because of him so.. he needs to go away from you."

"Grandmother.. please." I begged weakly and she shook her head.

"Granny, you never know how much he helped me.. and protected me." I said and my grandmother stopped dragging him.

"No.. I hate you. He dragged you until you hurted like this."

"It was my fau-" I choked because I was still so weak. Matthew and my grandmother ran to me in panic.

"You okay? Here.." Matthew gave me a glass of water.

"Give the straw, you idiot!" My grandmother hissed coldly and glared at him hard. Matthew took the straw without any words and gave the glass to me.

"Press the button to lift the bed up! How can you be an idiot? She can't drink in-"

"Granny." I warned and she looked at me sadly.

"Did you get me anything?" I asked and she shook her head.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to leave you two. I hate this guy." She pointed at Matthew.

"Granny.. He's-" Suddenly the door bursted open revealing the 7 Gold Lifes. My eyes widen. They walked in along with the other kids.. not all but some of t-

"You.. Do you remember me?" My grandmother walked towards Luke Hastington.

"Oh.. The apple granny."

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe that I will see you again." She shook her hand with him.

"Granny.." I called and she hugged him.

"Do you have a kid?"

"I have.. 3."

"Can you send him on a blin-"

"Granny! They all hav-"

"Is my son not good enough?" My eyes when Nicholas said that.

"I hate your son!" She hissed towards Nicholas Lemiere.

"Please don't fired me, Mr. Lemiere." I turned to Matthew and he glared at me.

"Call me that again, I will fired you." He mouthed me and my eyes widen.

"Well.. that's sad." Nicholas said.

"What are you all doing here? Eh.. you can sit down." I can't believe that my grandmother only likes Luke Hastington.

"Granny.." I called and she turned to me. I gestured her to come to me. She walked to me and I gestured her to lean closer.

"Please leave me for an hour."

"No!"

"Please.. please." I begged and she sighed. She looked at me suspiciously and I smiled sweetly at her. She sighed big time and walked out from the room.

"Well.. I bet your presence lure a lot of press." Matthew said.

"Mr. Lemi- I mean Matthew!"

"What?"

"Thankyou for coming and thankyou for saving me yesterday. I can't thankyou enough.. I swear I will work hard to return all your-"

"Just.. be good to my son."

"Our son." Sky smiled.

"He's my son." Nicholas hissed.

"Our son." Alex smiled.

"Yes.. Our son." Aaron added.

"My son.. my blo-"

"What are you 5 dad?" Matthew asked his dad disbelief. I took my pillow and threw it at Matthew. My eyes widen when I did that. I've lost my mind..

"I'm sorry.. My head sti-"

"I know your head is okay.." I closed my eyes and was going to smack my head and.. Matthew stopped me.

"Stop doing that!"

"That's my son." Luke said making Nicholas glared at him hard.

"My son too." Sebastian said.

"Me too." Max said.

"My son! Damn it!"

"Dad.. Stop being childish.."