Chapter 18 - You Can!

Matthew Lemiere

"Come with me." I said to Scarlette and gestured her follow me. We walked towards the lift and I slide my Gold Card to go to the S floor.

"Sir.. I mean.. Mr. Lemiere, I don't think I can do this." She said in a really nervous tone.

"You know that I'm clumsy and I can't hide my true feelings. I hate him and I can't pretend to like him or something like that." She added and we both walked out from the lift after arrived at the S floor.

"Hello, Mr. Winslot." I smiled.

"Hello, Mr. Lemiere." He said and let me in but stopped Scarlette to check if there's something attach on her or something like that. After she's clear.. She walked towards me.

"If you want to know why he killed your parents.. you have to cooperate." I said to her and she looked at me nervously.

"Mr. Lemiere, I really can't. I know that I'm not capable to do this." She said and I ignored her. I slide my gold card to my secret room and walked inside.

"Wow.. this looks like Mission Impossible agent room.." She said as she looked around. She was fascinated by the technology that I have.

"Come here." I opened the mirror cupboard and looked at it to check that kinds of gadget that I need.

"Mr. Lemiere, please." I turned my head to Scarlette and her face was paled.

"Scarlette, you have to do it."

"I'm sorry sir, I can't. I'm scared and I'm not as smart as you to be able to act like nothing happen." She said in a really sad tone. I don't know why.. that got me. I sighed and walked towards her. I put my hands on her shoulders and looked straight to her eyes.

"Stop worrying.."

"I can't.. I bet I will sutter and want to kill him and I bet I will be cold to him." Scarlette said as she looked around nervously.

"Okay fine.."

"Okay.. Let me just cal-" I took her phone away and put it in my pocket. She looked at me disbelief.

"Uhmm Mr. Lemiere. I need to call Kevin to-" I took her wrist and pulled her to the table. I gestured her to sit and I sat across her.

"Pretend that I'm Kevin."

"Mr. Lemiere.. I can't do that." She said and I sighed.

"Scarlette! Pretend that I'm Kevin.. Imagine me as him." I gestured my face and she closed her eyes. She took a really deep breath.

"Okay.. I will try."

"Hey Scarlette.. how's your day today?" I asked pretending to be Kevin and tried to my voice higher.

"Please don't do that, Mr. Lemiere." She said and I looked at her bored.

"Hey Scarlette, how's your day?" I asked in a lower voice.

"Too low.."

"Scarlette! I'm not Kevin."

"You said you will pretend to be Kevin." She said and I face palmed myself. How can this girl even exist? I sighed big time and looked up to her.

"Are you serious going to debate?" I asked in a cold tone and she looked at me with fear written in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. Let's replay..." She took a really deep breath and looked at me straight to my eyes.

"Hey Kevin, I'm good. How about you?" She smiled widely but it came out a little bit fake. Suddenly an idea popped out from my mind. I took out my phone and called Joan.

"Hello."

"You free?" I asked.

"Why?"

"Come to my office and go to the 28th floor." I said and when I looked at Scarlette, she was smacking her head.

"Scarlette! Don't do that!" I hissed. I hate when she does that. Scarlette stopped and looked at me with her eyes widen.

"Come here, Joan. I need you pronto!"

"Okay fine.. Agh!" She ended the call and I put my phone on the table.

"Instead of lunch.. ask him to dinner. Told him that you're paying and don't worry.. I will pay you.. Take him to a fancy restaurant." I said and she looked at me with her mouth wide open.

"Why suddenly dinner?"

"Just do it as I say.. I'm your boss." I hissed and she nodded. She pointed at me and I raised my eyebrows.

"My phone.." She said and I took out her phone and gave it back.

"Put it on loudspeaker.." I said and she nodded. She dialed his number and put it on loudspeaker.

"Hey.. Scarlette." Kevin answered.

"Oh hey Kevin." She said cheerly but she rolled her eyes. I found that.. funny.

"Hey.. what's up?"

"I was wondering if we can change it into dinner? I just remembered that I have to go check on the fabric and designs." She's good at lying.. when she's on the phone. I saw her nervousness because she kept looking down.

"Oh yeah sure.."

"Oh yeah.. I want to treat you this time since you've done a lot for me. I want to pay you back."

"Scarlette, you don't have too."

"No no.. I insist."

"Okay fine.. As long as I'm spending time with you.. I'm okay." Oh.. so this Kevin Kard likes her?

"Ooooookayyy." She said in a really weird tone.

"Okay then.. I'll see you tonight."

"Okay." He ended the call and she pushed her phone away. She looked at it in horror.

"Good."

"It's tonight.. oh.. what have I done?" She said in horror.

"You'll do great."

"Matthew.. Why do you wan-" Joan walked and stopped talking when she saw Scarlette inside the room.

"Why is she doing in this room?"

"It's 11 and I want you to teach her how to be a seductress and change this.." I gestured her. "Change her."

"Seductress?" Joan and Scarlette asked at the same time.

"Why me?" Joan added.

"Because you're the queen.."

"Thanks for the complement but how can I teach her in a few hours?" Joan asked.

"Teach her that until 3 and give her to me after that." I said as I got up.

"Mr. Lemiere." Scarlette called.

"Any problem?"

"I can't do this." She said again.

"You can!" I hissed and walked out from the room.