Chapter 40 - Is That a Crime?

Scarlette Thompson

"Grandmother.. I'm ho-" I stopped when I saw Matthew and my grandmother sitting in my really small apartment eating together without my grandmother killing him. I dropped my groceries to the ground and looked at the weird scene in shock.

"Hey Clumlette." Matthew smiled at me and I raised my eyebrows.

"Come here and eat! We ate first because we're hungry." My grandmother gestured me to join fast.

"Here I am.. thinking that you hate him."

"He kept seeing me for a month trying to persuade me that he's good for you." My jaw fell and Matthew walked to me. He took my hand and pulled me to the dining room.

"Matthew, you know that my house is so-"

"It's just a house and besides it's cozy." He cut me as he pulled the chair for me. I sat down beside him and my grandmother smiled.

"Well.. can you explain?" I asked Matthew and gestured him and my grandmother.

"I've been-"

"He's been trying to talk to me and just told me that he was sorry and he wanted to date you for real. He wanted my permission because you said that I'm your only family left." That explaination was enough for me and when I opened my mouth to say something. I hit my knee to the table and groaned in pain.

"Always Clumlette." Matthew chuckled and checked on my knee.

"Thank God the table's okay." He joked and I smacked his arm.

"Eat and you both go to work!" She said and I nodded smiling. We all ate our breakfast and I can't stop looking at Matthew. How can I get so lucky to date such a really perfect man? My feelings for him grows everyday and it's just amazing to see we both fall in love.. and date.

"Bye grandma, I will be home late today." I said as I kissed her cheek.

"I trust Matthew already, if something happens to you.. I will kick his butt."

"You know you can trust me.. right?" Matthew smiled to my grandmother and she smiled nodding. We bid our goodbyes and walked out from the apartment.

"I can't believe you do that.." I stopped in front of my apartment building and turned to Matthew.

"Do what?" He stopped and turned his head to me.

"Convince and talk to my granny." I said and he smiled. He took my hand and walked to his car.

"Wait.. I'll take a b-"

"Until when we're going to date in secret, Scarlette? It's almost 2 months and I cannot take it." He was right. It's been almost 2 months since we date and we never revealed it to anyone except his family and my family. I was his sad expression and I started to realize that all he ever wanted was to tell the world that I'm his but I was afraid. Everyone's eyes on him and everygirls wants him and I was afraid that I will get attack or something but now.. let's set that aside first.

"Let's go on a date tonight." I stated and looked straight to his eyes. He smiled and nodded.

"I want to watch the newest movie, Justice League."

"Great.. I'll boo-"

"Let's just go there like an ordinary couple. Go there and buy the tickets there.." I stopped him from taking out his phone.

"Okay fine." He said and I gave him a peck on his lips.

"Shall we go, Mr. Lemiere?"