Orochimaru's Base

Naruko’s POV

“Sai’s gone off with Orochimaru. They’re together.” Yamato said, looking to the side. I narrowed my eyes. “I knew that sneaky little bastard had something planned…” I snarled.

“Let’s go. You three follow me.” Yamato ordered. We nodded, and headed down to some sort of… Pit. Like a crater, actually. Naruto and I looked around with wide eyes. “Will somebody tell us what happened here?” I asked.

“You don’t remember anything?” Yamato asked. We both shook our heads, thinking deeply. “And another thing I don’t get… Why were we unconscious?” Naruto asked, taking the words right out of my mouth.

Sakura looked down. “Orochimaru attacked you both and knocked you out.” She said quietly. I narrowed my eyes. I sent her a knowing look, and she shook her head. I knew she was lying, but she didn’t want me to say anything. But that didn’t stop me from being curious…

“Oh come on!!! Are you serious?! Ugh!” Naruto yelled, obviously not seeing through Sakura’s lie.

Sakura approached what looked like Sai’s scroll and ink, and she picked a book up, which was underneath the scroll.

I started zoning out of the conversation. How typical of me.

All of the sudden, a burning pain shot through my entire body. My vision went blurry. I gasped, collapsing on the ground at the same time as Naruto.

“Naruto! Naruko!” Sakura gasped. She ran over and helped us both sit up. I panted, flinching at the sudden touch. I winced, a strangled gasp escaping my lips as another wave of pain coursed through my body.

I couldn’t hear the conversation between Sakura and Yamato- I was in too much pain.

I coughed, and slowly stood up. “I’m fine now…” I murmured. Naruto got up as well. We both smiled at our team, showing that we were okay.

“Well alright then. But if you cause delay, we’ll have to leave you behind.” Yamato said. We both nodded in understanding.