Chapter 28- OLD

Kent-

I finished shoving my snow pants into my duffel bag and zipped up the bag tight. This was going to be a great weekend to kick off winter break! 

"Almost ready?" Chunk asked, poking his head into my room. 

 "Yup, just grabbing my board," I reached into my closet and pulled out my three year old snow board that was white and black. I followed Chunk down the hall and into the elevator. Jace and Jayden were already in the elevator waiting, Squid and Dylan would have to wait for the next one.

 "You didn't tell Charlie did you?" Jace asked me as we reached the lobby and the doors slid open. 

 "No way, he probably would've told us not to come. You know how Charlie can get," I explained while we all hurried out to Chunk's car. Charlie had these phases where he just didn't want to hangout with any of the guys, I could tell he was going through that phase right now. There's nothing better to do than to surprise him at the cabin and make this weekend the best one yet, surrounded by alcohol and good friends. 

 "Hurry up slow pokes!" Jayden called to Squid and Dylan who sprinted out of the building. Thankfully Chunk had a roof storage for all the boards and gear to go. 

The car was still packed full though. Squid ended up sitting in the trunk with all of our bags, Chunk promised he would drive carefully but the moment we pulled out of the parking lot he stepped on the gas and Squid was squished again the back window, causing us all to bust out in laughter. It was only a two hour trip to get up to the cabin and luckily I remembered exactly how to get there. 

"This is a cabin?" Squid asked, gawking at the large cabin as we pulled up. I jumped out and punched in the pin to open the garage. Another car, a Subaru, was parked in the garage but Charlie's car wasn't here. 

 Maybe that girl he's been talking to actually came up with him. Why wouldn't he have just said that in the first place? 

 "Where's Charlie?" Chunk asked, parking his car and jumping out along with everyone else. 

"I have no idea," I walked into the garage and tried the side door, it was open. He wasn't far if he left the doors unlocked. 

"Come on, we can just surprise him when he gets back," We all grabbed our bags and quickly headed into the cabin. I wonder where Charlie had disappeared to. 

 I let the guys roam, giving themselves tours of the cabin, and went straight to the master bedroom, the room Charlie and I used to share as kids. Instead of the room being empty and clean, a hot pink duffel bag was open on the bed with clothes and other personal belongings thrown about everywhere. 

It looked like a tornado went through. I guess I was right, Charlie's girlfriend had come up with him. What a liar. Why would he have to lie about that to us? 

I couldn't leave my bags in the room so I settled with throwing them onto the couch in the living room and finding myself a beer. The fridge was full of fresh groceries and plenty of beer for the weekend. I had to move a huge pitcher of what smelled like punch out of the way to grab a six pack.

"Who the hell makes this much punch?" I muttered to myself while putting the large pitcher back in the fridge. 

 The guys found the other guest rooms and threw their stuff in, all except Chunk. 

 "There's girl stuff in this room," He called from where he was standing in the door way. Everyone crowded around Chunk to stare into the guest room where there was indeed girls clothing thrown about. Definitely a teenage girl.