Chapter 4: Mission to Wave

1 Month Later

Naruto was bored. He was fed up with these meaningless D-Rank missions. A ninja of his caliber, although no one knows, should be able to go on higher ranked missions, and today was the day he would finally get one, he promised himself. 

Currently, his team was in the Hokage Building, ready to take up a new mission. Naruto began devising the best plan to get a higher ranked mission. It would be so mischievous, a complete mastermind strategy, that it couldn't fail.

"Grandpa! I want a higher ranked mission!" Naruto yelled as he burst through the door. "Please, anything other than these stupid chores that civilians are too damn lazy to do. If I have to catch that cat one more time, I'll skin it alive." Naruto was now standing in front of the desk that Hiruzen was sitting at. Iruka, who was helping the Hokage with paperwork, stood up abruptly.

"Naruto! There is a way we do things here. You three are fresh out of the academy and need more-" Iruka began but Naruto finished his sentence.

"Experience? Oh please, what am I going to do with mowing someone's grass, or watering their flowers? Is that going to help me in an A-Rank mission? Or maybe, if I'm ambushed my some ninja's from Iwa, what'll happen? Will I offer to do their chores for them? I think not." Naruto finished, his anger still fresh. Iruka was about to answer, but Kakashi got to it before him.

"Naruto is right. Even though he was very crude in the way he explained it, I think that they are ready for a C-Rank, don't you think Hokage-sama?" Kakashi asked politely. Hiruzen, who had his pipe in his mouth, nodded several times before taking it out.

"I do believe you are correct. Naruto's team is ready for a simple C-Rank mission." He looked over to Iruka, who was about to protest. "I know you care about them Iruka, but they aren't children anymore. They became adults the day they got their headband." Iruka looked at the table, his courage to talk to the Hokage now gone. "Go bring in Tazuna will you?" Iruka nodded and walked out, and then an old man appeared in the doorway, a bottle of sake in his hand. He wore glasses that were too low on his face, and a weird white string tied around his head.

"I thought I hired professional ninja, not snot nosed brats. Especially the broody looking one, she looks too small to hurt a fly." Sayuri glared at the man.

"Don't judge a book by it's cover, Tazuna-san." Naruto said, intervening from Sayuri killing the man. "Sayuri-chan here is from the infamous Uchiha Clan. She could kill you if she wanted to right now." Sayuri's eyes widened at the sudden suffix at the end of her name, her face had a pinch of red on it now, a fact not unnoticed from either Kakashi, nor Sakura. Tazuna began sweating.

"Well, alrighty then. I'll take your word for it. Just meet me at the front gates in an hour. That should be enough time to for you to get there." He said hurriedly. He then walked out the room. Naruto shrugged.

"He was weird." He said softly. Sayuri and Sakura exited the room, getting their stuff ready for the trip. Naruto turned to Kakashi and Hiruzen. "Grandpa, he has something to hide. He wasn't telling the truth, and the beads of sweat on his forehead explained a whole different story. Hiruzen nodded.

"I noticed it too. But sadly, we cannot offer anymore people to go on the mission..." Hiruzen said with a sigh. Kakashi waved his hand.

"Um, I'm right here? You know, one of the best Jonin in the village?" Naruto shifted his gaze to his teacher.

"That had two bells stolen from him by a genin. Yep, one of the best." Hiruzen stifled a laugh and Kakashi glared at Naruto. Naruto shrugged. "Well, I'm going to go get my stuff packed. See ya." He said in a wave before vanishing once again.