Chapter 25: Eyes Opened

Naruto and Kurenai appeared in what was a large forest, trees surrounding them as they were in a small clearing. Naruto, who had a small smile on his face, walked back a couple steps, giving Kurenai her room.

"What is it you want to talk about?" She asked, feeling uncomfortable. Especially when no one was around. It wasn't that she was scared of him doing something to her, it's just that she was scared of him in general.

"I want to tell you why you should never put me in a genjutsu." He said, before cutting a tree down with a wind blade and sat down on the stump, ignoring the large crash the tree produced when it fell.

"And why is that?" She asked. "I'm the Genjutsu Mistress of Konoha, I'm the best at genjutsu, it's what I do." She said, defending her actions. Naruto just laughed.

"That's funny, you're not the best at genjutsu. In Konoha, you're a close third. Sayuri Uchiha is second, and yours truly is in first. The only reason why that genjutsu you put on me even worked is because I was amused by it at first." He said, before his smile dropped. "But then, then things got a little too real for me." Kurenai rose an eyebrow.

"What did you see exactly?" She asked curiously.

"I was back in Hell, and, everyone was dead. The guy who was torturing me, he, he was about to do it again before it broke." He looked over at her neck, semi-concerned. "How's your neck by the way? I didn't mean to actually hurt anyone. Well, maybe a little but that's just to remind them who was in charge."

"That...well I've never put anyone whose been to Hell and back in a genjutsu before, so I guess I'm sorry as well? And what do you mean you're, "in charge" of them?" Naruto smirked.

"I mean I'm the leader of all the teams. Well, not technically, but it's pretty much a given fact, seeing as how only 3 people in the village can actually give me trouble if it was a full out fight." He saw curiosity spread across her face before sighing. "Kakashi Hatake, Tsunade Senju, and Jiraiya. And the only one who I'm not sure who would win or not is Jiraiya and me. I can handle Tsunade and Kakashi with some difficulty, but I'll win, Jiraiya, well, I'm not so sure about that part."

"Seems kinda arrogant if you ask me." Kurenai said with a small smile. Naruto just grinned and scratched the back of his head.

"If arrogance if true, then I'm arrogant."

"I'm still trying to get over the fact that you said you're better at genjutsu than I am." Kurenai said, frowning slightly. "Shall we see whose better?" Naruto's smirk grew even bigger.

"Sure, just let me undue the genjutsu we're on right now." He said before dispelling the genjutsu as they appeared in a desert.

"Wha-" She began, but was cut off.

"Sorry, I accidentally put 3 layers of genjutsu on us." He then dispelled the genjutsu again, only for them to be on top of the Hokage mansion. "And one more." He dispelled the final genjutsu as they appeared on the same training grounds they were before, right in front of Tsunade, who had no clue they were there the whole time, another genjutsu to manipulate his surroundings and the people around him.

"Where the hell were you?" Tsunade shouted. "Not only do you lose your cool, you also kidnap Kurenai." Naruto looked at her with a mock offended look.

"I did no such thing! She came willingly. I just taught her something though."

"And what was that lesson?"

"That I'm the best in the village at genjutsu!" Tsunade deadpanned at his words. "And I'm the second best in the world, only Itachi-sensei being better than me!"

"Then how come we barely see you use it?" Asked Sakura. Naruto just smiled and closed his eyes.

"Well, I only use it when I'm actually trying. I mean, I placed 2 genjutsu's this whole fight that messed up everyone's sense for a little bit, especially their sight. Why don't you think Asuma didn't hit me with his jutsu?" Understanding dawned his teammates face as he gave a small laugh.

"Yep, you're better and genjutsu than me." Kurenai said in a depressed tone. Naruto frowned slightly.

"Hey, it's no big deal, I mean, you'll always be the Genjutsu Mistress. I already have a nickname back when I was fighting in the civil war in Mist." Everyone was now intrigued, except for Kurenai, who was happy she could keep her name.

"Wait a minute..." Tsunade began. "Don't tell me you're him?" Naruto just grinned a little.

"What do you mean Tsunade-sama?" Sayuri asked, curious as to what was going on since the author can't really think of anything and has been working on the chapter for three days and feels like it's rushed and just wants the story to be over with so he can continue the fucking plot of the story. (Hi.)

"You can't be though. Are you?" She murmured before Sayuri became impatient.

"Just spit it out woman!" She yelled before she clamped her mouth shut with her hands, a blush coming across her cheeks as everyone looked at her in surprise. "Sorry." Came out from behind her hands in a muffled voice. Tsunade rolled her eyes.

"Well, if it's what I think it is, then Naruto's nickname back in Mist was the 'Red Reaper'." She finished. Naruto laughed.

"Yep. I still wonder how the hell they got that part from, but hey, it's a pretty badass nickname." Kurenai's eyes widened.

"Wait, you're the Red Reaper?" She asked. "But how, back when the Civil War was still going on, you were still just a kid."

"A very dangerous one." He deadpanned. "Besides, you still haven't thanked me for that time I saved you when you were sent on a scout mission and Yagura-teme thought you were with us." Kurenai's face grew red.

"I-I don't mean that I was ungrateful. It was just so sudden, and all I really saw was a blonde in a red scarf covering his face before vanishing and fighting off the attackers!" She quickly explained.

"So you were in a war at what age Naruto?" Sakura asked.

"I don't know around 8 or 9? It was a long time ago. That bastard Yagura was a tough cookie though. I could barely lay a hand on him, and when I did, it was because I was using Kurama's chakra. Itachi-sensei actually did most of the work with beating him."

"So at 9 years old, you saved Kurenai-sensei? Wow." Sayuri said, impressed with Naruto's ability, even if it was almost 9 years ago.

"Hey, I was only a chunin at the time!" Kurenai defended herself. Naruto just laughed.

"No one's saying you were weak. All we're saying is that an 8 year saved your ass when you were about to die." Kurenai's face turned an even brighter red, causing everyone to laugh at the embarrassed jonin.

"Oh well, the spar was fun. Hope this sorted things out." He looked over at Tsunade. "I want to be a jonin." He said before vanishing. "Ha, another genjutsu!" He yelled as if were still in the area before they heard another whip of wind and everything was silent before Tsunade started laughing.

"You know what, I might just give him the rank. He's just going to be a pain in my ass until he gets it." Sayuri nodded, agreeing with the older woman.

"That, he would. " She said before the author decided to end the chapter because he can't think of a good closing scene that wouldn't be going into the next chapter.

So, did you like it? Btw, the 4th wall cannot be fixed no matter how hard you try. That's a fact so all of you who brought tape and concrete, burn it or throw it away, it won't work.

New AN: Wattpad has been fucking up so this is re-uploaded.

Til next time my lil demons!