Chapter 28: First Mission Back

"What do you mean?" Naruto said, his voice low and dark, anger slowly building up. Tsunade, along with everyone with Team 7, was standing across from him.

"I mean that the Kazekage was kidnapped by the Akatsuki. Your team is to go and save him." Naruto's eyes flashed red with slits before he forced himself to calm down. He knew Gaara was the newest Kazekage, and he liked the guy, not to mention he had a...weird relationship with his sister.

"I'm going." He said, before vanishing in thin air. Tsunade looked at the rest of Team Naruto and nodded to them.

"Follow as quickly as possible!"

"HAI!" They yelled in unison before they vanished in a swirl of leaves, leaving a large mess.

"Damnit." Tsunade muttered. "Shizune, get a genin team to clean up this mess!"

With Naruto

Naruto was already half way to Suna, using Kurama's chakra to boost his speed, which was already really quick.

The rest of Team 7 were trying to pump as much chakra as they could in their legs, but they were no where close to the blonde/black haired boy. He was too far for them to just, "catch up".

A Couple Hours Later

Naruto arrived at Suna quickly, not even notifying the guards of his presence as he passed them with ease. He arrived at the Kazekage's office to see Gaara's old sensei, Baki. Baki was looking outside the window sadly before turning around, not at all surprised to see Naruto there.

"He sacrificed himself to save the village, like a true Kage." He whispered. Naruto was grinding his teeth.

"Is everyone okay?" He asked. Baki shook his head.

"Kankuro has been poisoned, and is expected to die soon, none of our healers can find the cure. Temari is with-" Baki stopped talking when he noticed Naruto gone. He let a small smirk come across his face. "The kids just like his father. Fast."

Naruto walked into the hospital and found a nurse. "Where is Kankuro?" He asked quickly. She pointed to a door and he rushed into and saw Temari crying in a seat next to the door.

"Temari-chan?" He whispered. Temari looked up, wiping away her tears until she saw Naruto.

"N-Naruto-kun?" She said before hugging him tightly. He wrapped his arms around the girl, comforting her. He was a few inches taller than her, so he put his chin on the top of her head.

"Hey." He said quietly, rubbing her back. "It'll be okay." He said before disengaging the hug and walking towards Kankuro, who was unconscious and sweating profusely. He placed a single finger on the man's forehead and closed his eyes.