Chapter 30: Death

It's been two months since Naruto had saved Gaara and was manhandled by Madara. He had been training vigorously ever since, training everyday.

Usually, he would spar with either Kakashi, Sayuri, or Jiraiya. The former two hadn't shown up today, and Jiraiya had gone out on a mission a week ago. He was told it was a scouting mission, but he didn't know on what.

That little fact worried him. Jiraiya always told Naruto where he was going, but this time, no matter how hard he pried, Jiraiya's lips were sealed.

He was currently duking it out with 5 clones with a sword in his hand. Each would come at him at once, and each would soon die, but not before leaving a scratch or two on the original.

He would do this five clones at once, each time he would get a scratch, he would push himself harder. When he didn't get a scratch, his training would be over.

Naruto finished the final clone and was breathing hard. While panting, he started talking to himself.

"Damn...I didn't think I'd need to make 300 clones before I actually got it done." He gave a little stretch and began walking away from the training field. "Welp, might as well get some ramen." He said with a smile on his face.

Then, an Anbu appeared in a shushin. She had a cat mask on and long, purple hair flowing behind her. Naruto rose an eyebrow.

"Cat?" He asked.

"Hokage-sama wishes for your presence at once." Naruto nodded before disappearing and reappearing right in front of the Hokage Office Doors. He knocked once, showing one of his many rare attributes, respect.

"Come in." Came a faint voice. He opened the door before closing it behind him. In front of him, were Sakura, Sayuri, Kakashi, a weird frog with hair, and Tsunade looking grief stricken.

"What's this about?" Naruto asked. Was he in trouble? He didn't think so. He walked a little closer. "Baa-chan?" He said in a questioning, confused tone. The little green frog started talking.

"I don't know how to say this to you, but I'll be straight out with you. It's how Jiraiya-chan would've wanted it." Naruto couldn't help but laugh. This frog was calling his master "Jiraiya-chan"? It was hilarious.

After he calmed down, he noticed that nobody was smiling. "W-what's wrong?" He asked with a single stutter.

"Jiraiya-chan is dead." The frog said, causing Naruto's eyes to widen.

"W-what did you just say?" Naruto asked, his voice low. He seemed so distant from everybody then.

"Jiraiya-chan is dead. I was his master that taught him the ways of sage mode." Naruto's hands dropped to his sides and he felt the tears building up in his eyes.

No, he would not let his friends see him cry. He won't. I turned around and began walking out the door without another word before Tsunade spoke.

"Naruto! Say something!" Naruto opened the door.

"Did you tell him to take the mission?" Was all he said. Silence followed the room for what felt like minutes. He nodded. "I thought so. If he became the 5th Hokage instead of you, he would've never let you go on that mission. Never." He whispered the last word with so much venom, Tsunade flinched.

Naruto closed the door and left the building, all the while looking at the ground, wondering how he could've prevented it.

I should've been there with him. I should've helped him. Damn you Akatsuki, damn you Madara, and damn me as well! He thought to himself. The ground around him exploded slightly, scaring some of the civilians.

He disappeared quickly in a shushin and appeared in training grounds 44, the Forest of Death. He gave out and unearthly scream as tears flew down his face as he punched the ground, the poor trees surrounding him found themselves uprooted and falling down.

He grabbed his hair and screamed again. "It isn't fair!" He said as he punched the ground again. "Why does everything happen to me?" He fell to his knees and started bawling.

"Naruto?" He heard a voice talk. He turned around and saw Sayuri, looking at him sadly.

"I don't need your pity filled gaze." He said before turning away, trying to stop the tears from dropping. She frowned at walked over to him, before making him turn her way.

"Is that what you saw in my eyes? Pity? If anything, I'm one of the only people who can understand you. I've dealt with loss too." She said, a sad smile on her face. "But that made me into an asshole until you changed me, for the better."

Naruto's eyes widened slightly, tears still in his eyes as he watched her speak.

"I had to lose the one I loved too Naruto-kun. I lost you that day remember, the source of all your pain in Hell, that was my fault." Tears were streaming down her face now. "And I know, that you haven't really forgiven me yet, I can tell. You may say you did, but the way you look at me when you think I'm not watching, it's like you wish I wasn't there." She was full on sobbing now, her whole body shaking as Naruto watched her in shock. "And I just want you to know, that I'm so, so so sorry for doing that to you, and, and I'll understand if you never want to see me again and-" She was about to continue before he lurched forward and planted his lips on hers, stopping her from talking.

Sayuri's eyes went wide, she was not expecting this. She closed her eyes after a minute and responded, kissing him back with equal passion.

After a minute, Naruto pulled back, a silly grin on his face. "I'm sorry I made you feel that way. Maybe I was doing it subconsciously, but know this now. I forgive you, and I love you." He  said. Sayuri had a tear of happiness run down her face.

"I love you too." She said before engulfing him into a hug.

Naruto smiled at the warmth she generated before looking up at the skies.

You may have taken Itachi-sensei, and Pervy Sage, but I swear, if you take her away. I'll kill you myself. He thought.

Been procrastinating like a shit author so sorry.

Was it good? Bad? Tell me.

Training will be next, and then the big Pain vs. Naruto thing. So that's going to be fun.

Anyways,

Til next time my lil demons!