Chapter 7: Let it Begin

"I still think it's weird for us to be taking such a high level exam. I mean, we only got out of the academy 6 months ago." Sakura said as the three genin were walking down a hall together, intending on getting to the first part of the infamous Chunin Exams. The other day, Kakashi had given them entry forms, and told them that he recommended that they try it, saying it might make them stronger. This made Sayuri immediately want to take it, but Sakura was unsure. But nevertheless, she came.

"Meh. We took down an A-Rank criminal, which led to us getting paid for an A-Rank mission, I think we're ready." Naruto said, palming his fist in his hand, a smile on his face. Sayuri nodded.

"We are advanced for our age." She said simply, not wanting to dive deeper in the conversation then she had to. They turned around a corner and saw a bunch of kids older than they were, stopped infront of the exam doorway. They were yelling and Naruto heard a familiar voice.

"Come on, just let us in!" Tenten yelled at the two boys blocking the doors. One of them sneered.

"Yeah right, if you can't even get past us, then you'll have no way of passing the exams." Team 7 walked up to the two boys and Naruto glared at them.

"Izumo, Kotetsu, you're not even good." Naruto said in a deadpan. Tenten whirled around and brightened when she saw Naruto, a thing that didn't go unnoticed by Sayuri.

"Naruto, you're here!" She said. "Don't you think it's a little early for taking the Chunin Exams?" She asked, concern lacing her voice. Naruto waved her off.

"Not really. I'm pretty sure I can beat anyone in this room right now." He said loudly, causing many of the genins to glare at him. "They look weak," He leaned into Tenten's ear. "Not you of course." He whispered. She nodded. He then looked at the sign above the doorway. "This isn't even the right room, as an almost expert in genjutsu, it would be horrible for me to get caught in one." Naruto said as he turned to the stairs.

"So you noticed that huh? How about this!" The henge of a younger Kotetsu said as he swung a kick at Naruto, but was intercepted by a flash of green, holding Kotetsu's leg.

"Let us save it for the Exams!" The boy exclaimed loudly. He let go of Kotetsu's leg and turned to Sayuri. "Sayuri-chan, my name is Rock Lee, please be my girlfriend! I'll protect you with my life!" He said exuberantly. Sayuri, who couldn't keep her eyes off of his beady eyes and bushy eyebrows shivered at the thought of him dating her.

"Um, I actually have a boyfriend..." She said as she shifted closer to Naruto. Rock Lee looked at Naruto and nodded.

"Then I must fight him for your love!" He shouted.

"Lee, we don't have time for this." A boy with long hair and white eyes said. Sakura almost fainted when she saw the boy, her inner fan girl showing. Lee looked at his teammate.

"Not to worry Neji! I will beat him and take Sayuri-chan for myself!" He shouted. Naruto shook his head.

"I'm not fighting you. Sayuri-chan is not a toy to be won or fought over like children." Naruto said turning around and heading up the stairs, followed by Sayuri, who stuck close to him ever since Lee had arrived, and a relectulant Sakura, who was leaving her precious Neji. They walked up the stairs and were about to enter another hallway when Lee showed up again.

"Are you scared of losing?" He challenged Naruto. Naruto, turned around, his eyes narrowed.

"What did you say?" He said dangerously, making both Sayuri and Sakura start to sweat, both knowing what their teammate could do. Lee had a fire in his eyes and a small smile on his lips.

"I said you are scared to lose against me!" He shouted. Naruto looked at Sayuri and Sakura, his eyes holding anger in them.

"I'll be right back." He said before disappearing and appearing right above Rock Lee, and drove a kick into the boy's head, causing him to fly back. Naruto then landed on the ground, one hand on it as he dodged a series of kicks from Lee, who was becoming frustrated about not being able to land a hit on the boy. Lee ran up to Naruto, and tried to punch him in rapid successions, but each time, Naruto dodged the punch just out of reach of, purposely trying to agitate Lee, succeeding in the effort. Lee backed up a couple steps quickly and looked like he was about to do something big.