Chapter 6: How to Play with Sand.

Naruto was walking down the street, a map in his hands as he walked turns and desperately tried to find what he was looking for. His sword needed sharpening ever since wave, and the idea of a dull sword didn't sit right with him, so he asked Kakashi where a weapons shop was, so he could get it sharpened. Kakashi just pulled out a map from Konoha and pointed it at the general area of it before going back to reading his book.

Naruto cursed loudly as he saw the same sign for food for the sixth time in a row. He had been walking in circles the whole time and he was getting frustrated. He sighed and threw the map on the ground.

"Worthless piece of garbage." He whispered at the piece of paper, glaring holes into it. He was about to make some Shadow Clones, before a girl bumped into him roughly. He rolled his eyes and turned around. "That was mean..." He trailed off as he watched her try to balance all the weapons in her hands. The stack surpassed her height by at least 2 feet, and it was a mix of all weapons, including swords, axes, kunais, and a...crossbow? Weird.

"Sorry about that." She yelled from behind the large stack of weapons. Naruto easily picked up some of the load to ease her suffering. Now he could see her face. She had brown eyes and two buns on the top of her head. She smiled at Naruto gratefully. "Thank you..." Naruto smiled back.

"Naruto, Naruto Uzumaki." He replied. "And you are?"

"Tenten Mitsashi. My father owns the weapons shop over there." She said, using her head to nod towards a building a couple meters away from them. Naruto deadpanned.

"I've been looking for that place all day, and haven't found it." He said. Tenten smiled at him.

"Can you help me bring these in? I'll give you a 50% discount on whatever you need." Naruto nodded. She grinned. "Cool, thanks a bunch." They walked together into the store and gently placed the weapons on the ground. Naruto, who had been looking at the crossbow, was looking at it weirdly.

"Why would anyone want to have a crossbow? You don't have a lot to hunt around here, and it's impractical to have as a shinobi..." He said, his eyes narrowed at it. Tenten shrugged.

"It's not that impractical to have as a ninja. You can use it for distance shooting." She said. Naruto shook his head.

"It would take to long to have to pull it back all the way, and even then, most missions, you're facing enemy ninja and they can hear the arrow whistling through the air, enabling them to dodge it easier. Shoot, I might be able to catch the arrow." He said. Tenten smirked.

"Want to put that to the test? If you catch the arrow, I'll give you one thing for free." Naruto smirked.

"Deal." He said as he shook her hand.

5 Minutes Later

"You sure you want to do this? I could actually kill you!" Tenten yelled at the blonde. The two figures were standing about 30 meters away from each other, Tenten had the crossbow ready, and Naruto was standing still, waiting.

"Just do it. I want my sword sharpened for free." He said. "Really sharp." He muttered. She shrugged and aimed for his shoulder, that way, if he didn't catch it, he would still live. She slowly pulled the trigger, and watched as the arrow shot towards the blonde. Naruto, whose trained eyes were used to that speed, watched as the arrow slowly made it's way to him. He grabbed the shaft of the arrow, the arrowhead was a centimeter away from his forehead. He looked at Tenten with a shocked look. "Were you trying to kill me?" He asked. Tenten looked at him in horror.

"No! I was aiming for your shoulder, I swear!" She shouted. Naruto walked up to her and smiled.

"Good, it would've been bad if you were, cause then I wouldn't get my free thing." He handed her his sword. "Can you sharpen this to the max, and make sure it doesn't get dull easily?" He asked her. Tenten nodded.