Chapter 8: Truth Revealed

"Okay everyone, sign these papers, Konoha doesn't want to be held responsible if you die, and trust me, some of you will." Naruto said in a voice where it was like he had no sympathy for those who didn't make it. One of the genins, decided to ask the question everyone was thinking.

"Why did you kill the real proctor?" The genin paused. "And how do you know what to do?" Naruto rolled his eyes.

"I killed the whore because 8 years ago, she handed me to a group that tortured me for a few hours. For the record, I was 5. And how do I know what to do? I put a genjutsu on her mind that let me read it. It's kinda freaky because I saw a lot of dango in there..." He shivered. "Now, anymore questions?" All of the genins raised there hands. Naruto sighed. "Any questions about the exams?" No more hands were up. He sighed again.

"I guess I'll have to explain the 2nd part of the exams then, okay. Each team will receive one Earth or one Heaven scroll. To be able to pass the exam, you must have at least one of each type of scrolls, and reach the middle of the forest to the tower safely. If one of your squad members dies, or gets left behind while the 2 other teammates go to the forest, your team fails. So I'd suggest you all stick together." He warned.

All of the teams grabbed their respective scrolls and went to their respective gate. When Naruto was finally alone with his team, they gave him worried looks.

"Are you okay Naruto-kun?" Sayuri asked. Naruto ran a hand through his hair.

"Not really. But I will be. I set up a shadow clone to let the gates come open. So it should open right about..." He looked at an imaginary watch. "Now." And on cue, the gate doors slid open. "Come on girls, we only have 5 days to get this done." He said but he immediately got serious. "Promise me, both of you, if you see Gaara, run, don't try to fight him. He will kill you." He warned before continuing.

Few Hours Later

"How deep are we in the forest?" Sakura asked, gasping for air. They had been running for awhile and she didn't have the stamina to keep up. Sayuri was doing no better, not used to running for that long, Naruto however, seemed unwinded, his eyes were scanning the forest. Naruto eyed his two teammates and sighed.

"I guess we'll take a small rest." The two girls sat on the ground gratefully and Naruto handed them each a bottle of water. "Drink up, you'll need to be hydrated." He said. The girls nodded and drank it eagerly. Naruto sat down and closed his eyes, reaching out for any presence out there. He then felt something, something dark, something...evil. His eyes opened up. "RUN-" He shouted but it was too late.

He was blasted by a ginormous gust of wind and was sent flying hundreds of feet into the forest. Sayuri and Sakura were instantly on their feet, ready for their opponent, Sayrui's Sharingan on and scanning the area.

"I'm glad to get the trash away..." A voice said. "Kukuku, your Sharingan Sayuri-chan, it excites me." The Grass nin that wasn't troubled by Naruto's KI was now there, eyeing Sayuri like a piece of meat. "Yours has potential to be even better than your brother's." Sayuri's eyes were filled with rage at the mention of her brother and she charged the figure, throwing hails of kunai down on her.

The grass nin easily avoided blow after blow, kunai after kunai, with inhuman like movements and amazing speed. The grass nin chuckled darkly. "If that's all you can do, maybe I'll just fight pinky over there." She said, gesturing towards Sakura. Sakura had been frozen in fear the whole time. Sayuri jumped back in front of Sakura.

"You won't hurt any of my teammates." She yelled. Damn, if I can't beat a simple genin, how am I going to kill ItachiShe thought, her teeth grinding against one another. The girl just chuckled again, before sending out KI, paralyzing both Sakura and Sayuri in their places. Sayuri slowly pulled a kunai out. This, this is way more intense than Zabuza's, or even Naruto-kun's Killing Intent, this, this is on a whole other level. I, I can't beat them. She thought before stabbing herself in the thigh, breaking the hold of the KI on her. The grass nin smirked.