Chapter 22

Jeff had been in the gym all week training for this fatal 4 way. He haven't  even thought about the other guys in the match, all he knew was that his main focus was Matthew Moore Hardy. Trish was lifting weights as well, but not to the extent that Jeff was.

Trish put the weights down. "Jeff, I think you should rest now, I don't think it's smart to tire yourself out before your match." Trish had a concerned look plastered all over her face.

Jeff sighed. "I guess you're right."

"Of course, I always am." She smirked at him. "Now let's go grab a bite to eat before the match starts." Trish grabbed her gym bag and walked out the door. Soon after Jeff followed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matt stared in the mirror and Lita stood behind him bickering. "I can't believe you, I don't even think you want Team Extreme to get back toget-." Lita was cut off by Matt.

"Listen, I have a reason for everything I do, so don't question me. Understand?" Matt smiled as he threw on V1 T-Shirt. She rolled her eyes but nodded. "Thank you, now follow me, the match starts soon." Matt said as he walked out their locker room. Lita sighed but followed.
-------------------
~Fatal Four Way~

"From Cameron, North Carolina accompanied by Trish Stratus, Jeff Hardy!" Lillian introduce as they made their way out. He did his iconic dance, before he kissed Trish before proceeding down the ramp.

"From Battle Creek, Michigan! Rob Van Dam!" He did his RVD finger thing, then headed down the ramp. Once he got in the ring, RVD nodded towards Jeff, which signaled that there were no hard feelings between them.

"From Whitby, Canada, Test!" Lillian introduced again and he headed out towards the ring. Trish smiled as her friend made his way to the ring.

Finally, the person Jeff had been waiting on was finally going to be introduced. "From Cameron, North Carolina, accompanied by Lita, Matt Hardy!!!" Jeff did a few stretches as the song played. Matt and Lita came out, Matt laughed as he came down the ramp. Matt stepped on the ring and Jeff walked towards Matt, which made Matt retreat outside of the ring. "Control him!" Matt yelled at the ref. The ref held Jeff as Matt entered the ring. Matt looked at all of his opponents before taking off his shirt and throwing it to Lita, who was already outside the ring. Trish eyed Lita before leaving the ring herself.

Ding....Ding...

Jeff immediately attacked Matt, he hit him with a Lou-Thez press, and started pounding on him. The ref eventually pulled Jeff away from Matt.

Mid-match

Test and Matt were battling outside the ring, while Jeff hit a Twist of Fate on RVD and began to climb up the ring post to hit the Swanton Bomb. Matt had just dropped kicked Test and noticed Jeff. He ran towards the ring post where Jeff was and pushed him off, which made Jeff hit the barricade. Trish pushed Matt. "You ass-clown!" Trish yelled and he laughed at her comment.

"You sure about that, that's who you should be calling an ass clown." Matt said as he pointed towards Jeff. Trish slapped him. He was about to hit her back when Lita grabbed his arm. "Li, what are you doing?"

"Matt, I'm tired of you! You have serious mental problems, you're too controlling. Jeff is just trying to find someone who accepts him, and I hate to say this but Trish is that person.... If you really love Jeff as much as you say you do, you will let him find his own happiness, for now you're on your own." Lita said then retreated upstage. Matt was shocked honestly.

Trish grinned at what Lita just did. Matt still in shock Trish took this as an opportunity to help Jeff up. Jeff kicked Matt in the gut and and hit a perfect Twist of Fate outside the ring, knocking Matt out. He slid in the ring interrupting the blows in between Test and RVD and eventually Jeff was able to defy the odds and get the three count on Test. Trish slid in the ring and hugged Jeff. He pecked her on the lips before looking around and hearing the cheers by the fans.

"Here you have it! The number one contender for the WWE Championship, Jeff Hardy!!!" Lillian exclaimed. "So Jeff, what stipulation would you like to choose for your match against the Undertaker, this Sunday at the Royal Rumble?"

"Well, Lil I think it would have to be none other than a ladder match!"

"There you have it! This Sunday Jeff will fight the Undertaker in a Ladder match for the WWE Championship!" Lillian exclaimed right before Trish and Jeff exited the ring.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End is coming.............😊

So yeah.......
See ya in the Future
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
👋🏽👋🏽👋🏽👋🏽👋🏽👋🏽👋🏽👋🏽